Jennifer Pomfret (MBACP) Psychotherapist and Supervisor
Lytham St. Annes
01253 974791 / 07932943164
As a Psychotherapist, I have extensive work experience within the NHS Primary Mental Health Team based within Fylde and Wyre. This is an NHS Commissioned provision for people with a range of mental health issues. Currently I work as a Counsellor and Clinical Supervisor and manage my own private practice in Lytham St Annes (FY8).
Prior to working as a Psychotherapist, I qualified in Nursing and was employed as a Ward Sister within Rehabilitation Stroke Services within the NHS, where I managed a team of clinical staff. I have also worked within Further and Higher Education as a Lecturer.
I work with a range of clients including older clients. Simply being listened to, to feel understood and heard can have great health benefits in itself by allowing someone to release inner thoughts,anxieties and feelings that have been held, often for quite a time inside. Exploring life's challenges and supporting life long growth can help a person become stronger,more confident,less anxious and bring clarity to issues which at the time may seem overwhelming.
Counselling can be beneficial and effective whatever your age, so if you are an older client considering counselling do not hesitate to contact me.
My initial therapeutic approach is within a Person-Centred Framework, however as an integrative therapist I incorporate different theoretical models to explore the deeper reasons people experience a range of difficulties in their life. This includes theories of Attachment, Emotional regulation, Lifespan development as well as research on loss and grief.
Central to how I work as a therapist is offering my clients the core conditions of Empathy, Genuineness and Unconditional Positive Regard within our relationship, to build trust and promote client autonomy so that they are better able to make the right decisions for themselves and move forward in their lives. This way of working helps my clients to gain a better understanding through self-reflection and self-awareness of their difficulties, and in turn consider different ways of dealing with issues that are impacting them and others within relationships. This results in the sense of stuckness often accompanies emotional discomfort to shift, and thus enables and empowers an individual to move forward
I incorporate a range of different interventions within sessions including: Solution Focused Brief Interventions, Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive and Behavioural techniques, Mindfulness, as well as looking at early childhood attachment. All are evidence based techniques and support current best practice within NICE guidelines
I offer up to a free 30-minute telephone consultation. Please feel free to contact me to discuss what you are looking for and if I am the right person to work with you.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma Integrative Psychotherapy (University of Central Lancashire, UCLAN)
- Rehabilitation Studies BSc (Hons) 1st Class Degree (University of Central Lancashire, ULCAN)
- Certified Cyber Facilitator for Counselling Online (Online Therapy Institute). BACP Endorsed Training
- Professional Certificate in Education, University Centre at Blackpool College
- Diploma in Nursing, Person Centred Experiential Practice
- Certificate in Management (Preston College)
- Certificate in Essential Supervision skills (BPS approved Certificate in Clinical Supervision)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
Face to face £25 per 60 minute session.
Telephone Counselling £25 per 60 minute session.
Concession over 70 yrs and students £20 per 60 minute session.
Email £25 per email £100 for 4 emails.
Individual Supervision £35 per hour.
Student supervision £25 per hour
There is an extra £15 ph charge for group supervision due to administration costs.
As part of my practice I am committed to the following:
- Member of British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP).
- A member of BACP Register for Counsellors and Psychotherapies. Membership number
- Undertaken specialist training to deliver online therapy (BACP Endorsed Certified Cyber Facilitator).
- Hold full Professional Indemnity Insurance for my practice and registered with DBS Update Barring Service with Enhanced Subscription
- Access Clinical supervision for my work for a minimum of 90 mins pcm and also monthly Peer Supervision with other qualified professional counsellors for a minimum of 90 pcm.
- Committed to On-going Continued Professional Development (CPD)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer morning, afternoon, evening and weekend appointments
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|