Jennifer Gilling BSc., Adv. Dip., Reg MBACP, Reg Mem. ACC
MBS Counselling stands for mind body and soul as all three play a part in our feeling of well being. I approach the counselling support I offer from an holistic perspective, clients may wish to try a natural approach to healing the mind, which can be done alongside the use of prescribed medication.
I integrate a range of counselling techniques dependent on the needs of my clients, which includes techniques from CBT, Gestalt, Psychodynamic insight, Transactional Analysis, Solution Focused Brief Therapy and Grief counselling, all from a Person Centred approach. I also offer sessions in stress management and relaxation techniques, which includes mindfulness, which can help with anger, anxiety, depression, fears or phobias, muscular tension, high blood pressure, headaches, sleeping difficulties, work related stress and chronic pain.
Often times my clients report positive feelings of well-being as soon as the end of the first session and more often than not feel extremely tired. The off loading or sharing of the issues you are going through may induce a good nights sleep!
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc Therapeutic Counselling
- Adv.. Diploma in Counselling
- Diploma in Counselling (Natural Healing)
- Diploma in Stress Management
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Level 2 Certificate in Bereavement Care
- CIPD Level 7 Professional Qualification in Personnel & Development
- Level 3 Certificate in Communication Studies
- Level 3 Certificate in Psychology:Child Development
- ASIST- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- The Foundation for Infant Loss Accredited Provider
- Employment Service Nottingham 1986-1992
- ACAS Leeds 1992-1999
- Local Government Kirklees 1999-2010
- Private practice since 2011
- Cruse Bereavement Care 2011-2013
- Volunteer & placement Counsellor (UCHM) 2011-2014
- Job Retention Specialist (MIND) 2014-2015
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Terminal illness, fear of dying. Specialising grief and loss as well as work related issues, employment law related matters. Help in building emotional and psychological robustness to survive toxic work environments or help to move on to other employment.
Photos & videos
- Individual face to face 60 mins @ £40.
- Couples 80 mins @ £50.
- Stress & Relaxation session 60 mins £40
- EAPs/Employer referrals £40 per session.
- Skype 60 mins @ £40
- Telephone/e-mail 60 mins £30
- Student aged 18-21, face to face 60 mins @ £28
If you have never experienced counselling before or maybe you've had a negative experience of counselling and are nervous about trying again, I offer a 15 minute taster session over the phone free of charge.
- ACC registered
- BACP registered
- Indeminity insurance
- DBS cleared
- Hearing Loop
If you would like to book an appointment or arrange a telephone consultation to discuss any issue and how best to progress with it, feel free to contact me.
Parking available, please do not block driveway.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday, daytime and evening sessions. Face to face, telephone, e-mail and online. I offer a degree of flexibility please inquire.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|