Jennifer Gilling BSc., Adv. Dip., Reg MBACP, Reg Mem. ACC, Chrtd MCIPD
I work from a person centred orientation so building a relationship of trust and mutual respect is paramount to the effectiveness of the counselling support. I use CBT to help clients immediately pinpoint the core issues of their distress and further help to alleviate this with the use of CBT techniques taught in session and if the client chooses can be practised at home. I appreciate the financial commitment needed for private counselling and work with my clients ethically, effectively and as time efficient as possible dependent on the issues presented.
MBS Counselling stands for mind body and soul as all three play a part in our feeling of well being. I approach the counselling support I offer from an holistic perspective for those clients who may wish to try a natural approach to healing the mind.
As a Therapeutic Counsellor, I integrate a range of counselling techniques dependent on the needs of my clients, which includes techniques from CBT, Gestalt, Psychodynamic insight, Transactional Analysis, Solution Focused Brief Therapy and Grief counselling, all from a Person Centred approach. I also offer sessions in stress management and relaxation techniques, which includes mindfulness, this can help with anger, anxiety, depression, fears or phobias, muscular tension, high blood pressure, headaches, sleeping difficulties, work related stress and chronic pain.
Often times my clients report positive feelings of well-being as soon as the end of their first session and more often than not feel extremely tired. The off loading or sharing of the issues you are going through may induce a good nights sleep!
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 8 Certificate CBT
- Adv.Diploma in Counselling
- Diploma in Counselling (Natural Healing)
- Diploma in Stress Management
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Level 2 Certificate in Bereavement Care
- CIPD Level 7 Professional Qualification in Personnel & Development
- Level 3 Certificate in Communication Studies
- Level 3 Certificate in Psychology:Child Development
- ASIST- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- The Foundation for Infant Loss Accredited Provider
- Employment Service Nottingham 1986-1992
- ACAS Leeds 1992-1999
- Local Government Kirklees 1999-2010
- Volunteer Mentor Northorpe Hall Child & Family Trust (2010-2011)
- Private practice since 2011
- Cruse Bereavement Care 2011-2013
- Volunteer & placement Counsellor (UCHM) 2011-2014
- Job Retention Specialist (Leeds MIND) 2014-2015
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Terminal illness, fear of dying. Specialising grief and loss as well as work related issues, employment law related matters. Help in building emotional and psychological robustness to survive toxic work environments or help to move on to other employment.
Photos & videos
- Initial assessment 50 mins @ £20
- Individual face to face 50 mins @ £40
- Stress & Relaxation session 60 mins £40
- EAPs/Employer referrals £50 per session.
- Skype 50 mins @ £40
- Telephone/e-mail 50 mins £40
- Students aged 18-22, face to face 50 mins @ £30
- Counselling students £30 per session
If you have never experienced counselling before or maybe you've had a negative experience of counselling and are nervous about trying again, I offer a 15 minute taster session over the phone free of charge.
- ACC registered
- BACP registered
- Member of BAATN
- Chartered MCIPD
- Indeminity insurance
- DBS cleared
- Information Commissioners Office (ICO) registered
- Hearing Loop
If you would like to book an appointment or arrange a telephone consultation to discuss any issue and how best to progress with it, feel free to contact me.
Parking is available on the drive or on the road. Please do not block the driveway. As there are no waiting facilities should you arrive early, please wait until your appointment time in case I am with a client.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday, daytime and evening sessions. Face to face, telephone, e-mail and online. I offer a degree of flexibility please inquire.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|