Hi, I'm Jenna, thank you for taking the time to look at my profile.
Writing your skills in a paragraph is difficult, but also important so that you know whether I am the right therapist for you. So I hope to answer any questions you may have about counselling and myself.
Working with me
I want you to know what to expect in working with me.
I have 16 years field experience of working in high tier abuse and trauma. This ranges from Domestic Abuse, where I was a specialist within the arena- Human Trafficking, sexual abuse and anxiety.
When I work with my clients- I will offer you a safe space to begin a process of dismantling the emotional turmoil, that has led you to therapy.
I read the body, as much as the unconscious behaviours that are presented to me. I work with anything that I can identify as toxic - and will push this into the edge of your awareness, so that we start to work you towards a space of worth for the self and self governing respect.
If you people please, and work off external validation- I will correct this with you, via the process of therapy- so that you work from the core of the self.
If a plane hits turbulence, the oxygen mask goes on the self first- before attempts are made to assist others.
As I specialise in trauma and anxiety- I will use lots of Psych Ed tools in therapy- to assist in emotional regulation.
I work in a local School as a trauma therapist and retain my clients, which I am very proud of.
I am also a clinical supervisor and work with individuals/professionals/groups.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have worked with people that are at crisis for over 14 years. In this time I have spent time working in the fields of Domestic Abuse, Human Trafficking- working with Men, Women and Children in variant situations and circumstances. I trained as a therapist eight years ago, and have had my own practice for sometime, with over 700 hours of Clinical Work.
I am also training to be a Clinical Supervisor to Therapists.
- Diploma in Person Centered Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Mindfulness and Meditation
- Level 3 Counseling Skills
- Law Degree (LLB Hons)
- Domestic Abuse training and the impact on young people
- Child protection Awareness Programme
- Child Sexual Abuse- making it everyone's business
- Motivational Interviewing
- Listening to and Responding to Children who may be at risk of harm
- Child Protection Training
- Effective Recording for Practitioners
- Motivational Interviewing training
- Understanding and working creatively with children and young people
- OISC training level 1 & 2 Immigration Law
- Safeguarding adults at risk training
- Solution Focused Skills
- Trauma Training
- GDPR training
- Adult Safeguarding
- Adverse Childhood Experiences Level 2 EDU Care
- Caroline Spring working with triggers in trauma
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Domestic Abuse
A lot of my work over the years has been in these areas. I’m currently working in a specialist domestic abuse role alongside my therapy work, and this is inclusive of training to professionals.
Concessions offered for
- Our initial session is £45
- The sessions after the initial meeting are £45 for 50 minutes.
- Concessionary rate may be available - please contact me to discuss if interested
- I encourage you to book 6 sessions with me initially- you can make a block booking for six sessions for £270
- Clinical Supervision rates in £75 for 1.5 hours in clinical supervision
What to do next: You can contact me by text, phone or email to arrange a convenient time for our first consultation. The therapy and length of this is determined by you. If needed, I will review the therapy after six weeks, you can at that time choose to finish or continue. Payment for each session is payable by bank transfer 24 hours in advance.
Cancellations: I understand there may be times when you have to cancel and or rearrange a session. I will try to be as flexible as possible but require a minimum of 48 hours notice otherwise the full session fee will be payable.
I have spaces weekdays and some evenings
I practice in Botley and I also work as a trauma therapist in Local Schools