I offer individual counselling and psychotherapy. I also teach mindfulness to individuals and groups. I am a trained facilitator and deliver parenting programmes, including Strengthening Families Strengthening Communities and the Solihull Approach. I have offices in Central London EC2 (the City, Shoreditch, Old Street, Liverpool St) and South Woodford (close to Central Line station, various local bus routes and car parks). My consulting rooms offer a comfortable and confidential space for our work together.
I have twelve years’ experience as a counsellor, working with people on a wide range of issues in private practice, in charities and the NHS (Primary Care). I am a member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists and abide by its Codes of Conduct and Ethical Framework.
I take an Integrative Approach which means I am trained to incorporate several therapeutic models – humanistic, psychodynamic and behavioural (including CBT) – and lots of different strategies to best fit with you, our therapeutic relationship and the issues you wish to address.
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualifications and training
- BACP Registered Member
- Mindfulness Teacher Development Level 1, Bangor University
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Mindfulness with Children and Families, Experiential Workshop, Bangor University
- One2One Mindfulness Workshop, Bangor University
- Experiential Gestalt 10-Week Group, Gestalt Centre
- Strengthening Multi-Ethnic Families and Communities
- Solihull Parenting Programme Facilitator training
- St. Mungo's: Reintegration and family therapist for substance misuse.
- Whipps Cross University Hospital NHS Trust: Psychotherapist.
- Redbridge ...: Assessor, counsellor and group therapist working with patients referred by GPs.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Bereavement trainer.
- University of East London: Co-facilitating mindfulness programmes.
- The Well, London, E6: Counsellor and group therapist for street homeless project.
- London Borough of Hackney: Parenting facilitator.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Session rates vary according to location and time of day. Sessions in EC2 cost between £70-80. Sessions in South Woodford are £50-60. I offer a limited number of low cost appointments in exceptional circumstances which we can discuss at our initial meeting. Please indicate if you wish to be considered for one of these places when you contact me.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|