My name's Jayne & I have a background in television - I was a Factual Entertainment Series Producer before I had my children, working for the BBC, ITV, Channel 5, independent production companies & digital networks. I also have a BA (Hons) in Politics.
Originally from Solihull, I've lived all over the UK (London, Birmingham & Glasgow) but I chose to raise my family in the South West with the warm weather and outdoor lifestyle. I especially love being in amongst nature in woodlands, on the beaches & the moors.
I specialize in anxiety and depression and Emotional Regulation.
My style of counselling is warm, informal and friendly and includes being:
- PERSON-CENTRED - I adjust my practice according to what you need. I also believe in you as a unique, valuable, worthwhile human being.
- SAFE, CONFIDENTIAL, NON-JUDGEMENTAL, SUPPORTIVE
- EMPATHIC - it's my job to walk in your shoes and see the world how you see it.
- IN PARTNERSHIP - we work together to achieve your goals
- TRAINED - I studied for a Certificate in Counselling and then a BACP Accredited Level 4 Advanced Diploma at the Iron Mill College in Exeter for 2 years, undergoing 40 hours of my own personal therapy and spending over 150 hours in placement.
I used to be an Accredited Member of the BACP but have now transferred my membership to the National Counselling Society (NCS) as a Professional Accredited Member and abide by their Ethical Framework.
My NCS number is NCS21-01339
I also have a full enhanced DBS, Number 001523633260.
Contact me now via TEXT, EMAIL or PHONE for an initial chat and we can arrange a convenient time to meet in Torquay or Online.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling, The Iron Mill College, Exeter
- TA101, The Iron Mill College, Exeter
- Certificate in Counselling, The Iron Mill College, Exeter
- Accreditation with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Professional Accreditation with the National Counselling Society
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Monday to Friday daytime and evenings in person and via WhatsApp Video or Zoom
Most people are nervous at their first session, but during this meeting you can get to know a little bit about me and how I work and I can start to understand the problems you'd like to bring to therapy. There is no obligation to commit to therapy if it doesn't feel right, so you've got nothing to lose but one hour of your time.
Counselling is only effective if you like your Counsellor and feel comfortable talking to them, so this first session is really important to help you decide whether I'm the right Counsellor for you. And if I'm not, I can point you in the direction to find someone who may be a better fit - Counsellors come in all shapes and sizes, so keep looking until you find someone you feel comfortable with.
I work weekdays, daytime and evenings so get in touch via email, text or phone - I really look forward to hearing from you.