Jayne Hayers BSc PgDip MBACP
People can go through difficult times in their life which can give a feeling of anxiety, depression, being overwhelmed, feeling sad or low in mood. These feelings can be due to many different reasons and we can feel that no-one fully understands us; family and friends can be helpful but they can sometimes be too emotionally involved to help us gain a clear view of what is troubling us.
Counselling is not about offering you advice or telling you what to do, by using my skills we can identify areas in your life that you would like to change or improve; empowering you to make your own decisions and to implement any changes for yourself.
Counselling is for everyone and people often say that they feel more able to cope in their life and relationships once they have had talking therapy.
I adopt an Integrative approach to therapy depending on your own personal needs, this may include using a combination of different therapy models such as Person-Centered Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Gestalt, Mindfulness, Solution-Focused etc. Your therapy sessions will be tailored to your own specific needs, this enables me to work at your pace; working alongside each other we can explore and bring out what best serves you.
I counsel a vast array of issues which include abuse, anxiety, eating disorders, depression, bipolar disorder, bereavement, loss, generalised anxiety disorder, oncology, phobias, PTSD, trauma, terminal illness, relationships, gender, sexuality and work issues.
I have worked for Rape Crisis counselling people on issues including sexual abuse, sexual assault, domestic violence and ritual abuse. I have also volunteered my counselling services for the LGBT Foundation working with individuals of sexual minority groups on a wide range of presenting issues.
I have assisted on several research pieces involving eating disorders, personality disorders, Parkinson's Disease, Transgender health care and also various cancers.
When you attend Inner Dawn Counselling & Psychotherapy, you can expect to be treated:
- As an individual
- Without judgement
- With integrity
For more information please visit our website www.innerdawncounselling.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling Psychotherapy (PgDip)
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- Counselling Certificate level 4
- Certificate in Transactional Analysis
- Certificate in Child Protection
- Certificate in Bisexuality Awareness
- Certificate in Transgender Awareness
- Storm Suicide Awareness Training
- Dementia Friend Training
- Certificate of Bereavement
- Certificate of Addiction
I comply with BACP's requirements for Continued Professional Development and Supervision.
I hold a current enhanced DBS check.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
£40 - Individuals (50 minutes)
£50 - Couples (50 minutes)
£40- Telephone Counselling
How To Pay:
- Counselling sessions are paid for in advance in order to fully secure the appointment.
- Your first session is paid via PayPal by using the link available on our website www.innerdawncounselling.co.uk within 24hrs of an appointment being agreed in order to fully secure it; once payment has been received a confirmation email will be sent to you.
- If payment has not been received within the 24 hour time frame the appointment is automatically released to other clients.
- At the end of each therapy session you pay for the next appointment in cash so you are always paid up in advance.
Some people like to pay session by session and others like to do a month/a few sessions at a time; we are flexible and we can discuss what will work for you during your first appointment.
* Concessions are available for counselling students who require therapy as part of their course (please ask me for more information).
* Concessions are available on set days for those who are unwaged, students or receive a state pension; these are limited and daytime appointments only (please ask me for more information).
* Fees for Organisations & Employee Assistance Program clients vary (please ask for more information).
Evening appointments are limited; the latest appointment is 8.00pm.
Please telephone for further details; if you feel you'd prefer to text or email, please do so and I will reply as soon as I am able to.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Hours: Monday-Friday 10-9pm Sat/Sun: Closed
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|