Jason R Carombayenin - BABCP Accred, MSc, BSc (Hons), Dip and RMN
Street Chiropractic Clinic
141c High Street
01458 741 744 / 07874 887 477
I have been working in mental health for over 18 years, originally as a nurse and more latterly as a Psychotherapist. During this time I have worked in both urban and rural areas. This has involved working as an independent therapist, and within NHS and Private Healthcare settings. In these areas, I have worked in teams in general and more specialized psychiatry which has allowed me to gain knowledge and experience of working with many different people with varying conditions and backgrounds, regardless of religion, culture, sexual orientation, adults of all ages, and with both men and women.
I am a Therapist who uses Eye Movement Desensitiation Reprocessing (EMDR) and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) skills and techniques. I am also able to apply Compassionate Mind, Dialectical Behaviour and Mindfulness approaches and principles. To maintain my professional registration I work within strict ethical guidelines and I am required to offer a confidential and professional service. I continuously update my practice receive regular supervision, reading evidence based literature and through continued professional development.
I am able to offer therapy to people experiencing:
- Low Self Esteem
- Adjustment Disorder
- Sleep Difficulties
- Eating Disorder
- Self Harm
- Panic Disorder
- Worry/Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Obsessional Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Sexual Abuse
- Anger problems
- Social Anxiety/Phobia
- Obsessive Thoughts
- Post Traumatic Disorder (PTSD)
- Difficulties with assertiveness
- Specific Phobias (e.g. spiders, needles, blood, lifts and heights)
- Trichillomania (hair pulling)
- Compulsive skin picking (Dermatillomania)
- Body Dysmorphia Disorder (BDD)
- Health Anxiety
- Relationship Difficulties
- Physical Health conditions (E.g. chronic fatigue and chronic pain)
- Emotional Disregulation/Difficulties with controlling intense emotions
Training, qualifications & experience
I have gained Certificate Parts 1, 2, 3 and 4 in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing) and a Master of Science Degree in Cognitive Behaviour Psychotherapy, Bachelor of Science Degree in Mental Health and a Diploma in Psychosocial Interventions. I am Professionally Accredited with British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) and Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Dependent personality disorder
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Fees – Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
Free initial telephone consultation for anyone who wishes to speak to me prior to booking an appointment.
Face to Face: £40.00 per session (1 hour).
Telephone Therapy: £25.00 (30 minutes) /£40.00 (60 minutes)
Fees - Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR)
Face to Face: £40.00 per session (60 minutes)
Face to Face: Face to Face: £60.00 per session (90 minutes).
All charges are payable by PayPal, cash or cheque on the day of your appointment.
For the contact form at the bottom of this page please include a name and a number to contact you on as well as a few words to describe your communication.
Please contact me on the above if you have a question or would like to arrange an initial assessment I will be pleased to hear from you.
I currently work from the following two locations. An appointment is required in advance for each one.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client