The May Wellness Centre
4 Redland Court Road
07866 571 778
I am a chartered and BPS-registered Counselling Psychologist. I offer counselling and psychotherapy in the Bristol area to people aged 18+ who struggle with psychological issues, mental health and 'living' problems. HCPC-registered.
Training, qualifications & experience
The Priory Hospital, Bristol
Integrative Therapist, integrative
June 2018 - ongoing
Complex Psychological Interventions (CPI), Callington Road Hospital, AWP NHS Trust, Bristol
January 2017 - ongoing
South Gloucestershire Talking Therapies, AWP NHS Trust, Yate
Trainee Counselling Psychologist, relational integrative
Jan 2016 – June 2016
The Priory Hospital, Bristol
Trainee Counselling Psychologist, ACT (for groups)
Jan 2015 – July 2015
The Orchard School, Bristol
School Counsellor, person-centred
Sept 2014 – July 2015
Bristol Royal Infirmary, UHB NHS Trust, occupational health
Placement Counsellor, ACT
Mar 2014 – Dec 2014
LIFT Psychology, AWP NHS Trust, Swindon
Placement Practitioner, CBT
Jan 2013 – Dec 2013
Hope’s Place, Bristol
Counsellor, relational/ psychodynamic
Sep 2013 – May 2014, and Jan 2012 – Jan 2013
Swindon & Wiltshire Alcohol & Drugs Service (SWADS), Swindon
Sep 2012 – Aug 2013
The Place2Be, Cardiff
Jan 2012 – Oct 2012
TESS (Text and Email Support Service)Bristol Crisis Service for Women, Bristol
Online counsellor, person-centred
Dec 2010 – Apr 2012
I have a private psychotherapy practice in Bristol since January 2016. Link: https://www.jannerodsten.com
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
2011-2017 Professional Doctorate Counselling Psychology, University of the West of England (UWE), Bristol.
Accredited by the British Psychological Society, approved by the Health and Care Professions Council, and based on a relational psychodynamic perspective, combined with comprehensive training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
2010-2011 Certificate in Counselling Skills, City of Bristol College, Bristol.
2007-2011 Diploma Psychology (Conversion for Postgraduates) The Open University, Milton Keynes. In addition, I took the separate module: ‘Diverse Perspectives on Mental Health’.
Psychology-related Training (CPD)
- WAIS-IV Administration, Scoring, Interpretation & Reporting, 2-day workshop, UWE, Bristol, June 2017.
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision (British Psychological Society-approved), SDS Seminars Ltd, Uckfield, 2-day course, March 2017.
- Social Constructionist Systemic approaches, 1-day workshop, BPS, March 2016.
Working in Independent Practice, 1-day workshop with Prof Robert Bor, BPS, January 2016.
- Compassion-Focused Therapy, 1-day workshop, UWE, July 2015.
Theory & Practice of Supervision, 1-day workshop, UWE, Bristol, June 2015.
Deepening your clinical work in ACT, ACBS UK, 2-day workshop with Prof Steven C. Hayes, Dublin, December 2014.
- Risk and Resilience: Reaching Out to Children, Young People and Families, 1-day event, BPS, London, October 2014.
- ACT Made Simple Workshop with Dr Russ Harris, 2-day workshop, London, June 2014.
- Mindfulness Meditation course, 7-week course (total 17 hours), Jackie Hawken, Bristol, March 2014.
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy for depression and anxiety, 1-day workshop, BPS, London, September 2013.
- Pluralistic Therapy training by John McLeod, 2-day course, London, September 2012.
- Stress and Mood Management, Avon & Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust, 10-hour CBT group course, Swindon, June 2012.
- Volunteer counsellor induction workshop, including child protection laws and procedures, The Place2Be, 2-day course, Cardiff, November 2011.
- Volunteer counsellor induction course, Hope’s Place, 2-day course, Bristol, November 2011.
- Mental Health First Aid, Bristol Mind, 2-day course, June 2011.
- Working with Girls and Young Women: Sex & Relationships & Substance Misuse, Bristol 4YP, 1-day course, May 2011.
- Delay and Positive choices: Sex & Relationships and Young People, 1-day course, Bristol 4YP, June 2011.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Jungian therapy
I charge a fee of £75 per 50-minute session, with some concessions available to low-income clients.
Chartered Psychologist and member of the British Psychological Society, Division of Counselling Psychology. Link: https://www1.bps.org.uk/bpslegacy/lcm?frmAction=showUser&ID=266288
Registered as a Practitioner Psychologist with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC). Link: http://www.hcpc-uk.co.uk/search-results/search-details/?searchOption=1&search=Rodsten&profession=PYL&start=1&ID=35240
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client