Janice Lloyd Kingsfold Counselling
I am a qualified, experienced counsellor and supervisor, having retrained as a counsellor following a career in teaching. I bring relational skills to my work from experience of family life and community involvement.
I am based in Melksham near Bath. My counselling room is quiet and private. Off road parking available and disabled access to the ground floor room.
Both short term and open ended counselling sessions are offered to suit the clients needs.
I am familiar with many approaches to counselling and use an integrated model with my clients. The therapeutic relationship is key to my work and I work within the boundaries of counselling to engage with a wide range of issues that bring the client to counselling.
I work with adult individuals, couples, and some young people who can engage with the counselling process.
I have delivered training workshops and I can facilitate group work. I supervise qualified counsellors and those who are undertaking counselling training.
My aim is to offer an accessible, flexible service that meets the needs of my clients.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Qualified in 2009 with a diploma in counselling awarded by NOCN level 4.
- Creative interventions in counselling culminating in a CPCAB certificate awarded by Barnabas Counselling trainers in 2013.
- I qualified as a supervisor with a level 5 certificate in 2012.
- Training for trauma and dissociative disorders through Deep Release Ltd has allowed me to develop further skills which can help those with post traumatic disorders and attachment issues. I am registered on their website as a deep release practitioner.
- I have worked in schools with students. I have worked with the disabled in their own homes. Counselling by skype or facetime could be considered if face to face sessions were impossible.
- Counselling work has been in association with Counselling organisations such as J10 Counselling Service where I was assistant manager in Walsall. Now I work privately most of the time which allows more flexibility.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Couples counselling
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
Photos & videos
My fees are £40 per 50 minutes (within the therapeutic hour.)
In some circumstances the fees can be reduced; subsidised by a bursary fund.
The appropriate fees are discussed during the first meeting when an assessment is made. There is no charge for this first meeting.
A contract is signed, should the client wish to proceed with further sessions.
I am a practising Christian and I offer counselling to those of other faiths and none without prejudice or partiality.
I have been DBS checked to work with children and vulnerable adults.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments can be made by arrangement in daytime and evening slots
Types of client
Supervision & training
I offer supervision to qualified counsellors and trainee counsellors using a recognised model of supervision that is suitable for most counsellors.View supervision profile