I am a qualified, experienced counsellor and supervisor, having retrained as a counsellor following a career in teaching. I bring relational skills to my work from experience of family life and community involvement.
I am based in Melksham near Bath. My counselling room is quiet and private. Off road parking available and disabled access to the ground floor room.
Both short term and open ended counselling sessions are offered to suit the clients needs.
I am familiar with many approaches to counselling and use an integrated model with my clients. The therapeutic relationship is key to my work and I work within the boundaries of counselling to engage with a wide range of issues that bring the client to counselling.
I work with adult individuals, couples, and some young people who can engage with the counselling process.
I have delivered training workshops and I can facilitate group work. I supervise qualified counsellors and those who are undertaking counselling training.
My aim is to offer an accessible, flexible service that meets the needs of my clients.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Qualified in 2009 with a diploma in counselling awarded by NOCN level 4.
- Creative interventions in counselling culminating in a CPCAB certificate awarded by Barnabas Counselling trainers in 2013.
- I qualified as a supervisor with a level 5 certificate in 2012.
- Training for trauma and dissociative disorders through Deep Release Ltd has allowed me to develop further skills which can help those with post traumatic disorders and attachment issues.
- I have worked in schools with students. I have worked with the disabled in their own homes. Counselling by skype or facetime could be considered if face to face sessions were impossible.
- Counselling work has been in association with Counselling organisations such as J10 Counselling Service where I was assistant manager in Walsall. Now I work privately most of the time which allows more flexibility.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
My fees are £40 per 50 minutes (within the therapeutic hour.)
In some circumstances the fees can be reduced; subsidised by a bursary fund.
The appropriate fees are discussed during the first meeting when an assessment is made. There is no charge for this first meeting.
A contract is signed or electronically sent should the client wish to proceed with further sessions.
Concessions offered for
I am a practising Christian and I offer counselling to those of other faiths and none without prejudice or partiality.
I have been DBS checked to work with children and vulnerable adults.