Jane Slee MBACP, BSc Psychology (hons) Counsellor for Adults and Young People
4 Barnfield Crescent
Sometimes we need some space and time for ourselves. To be able to take stock, discover, understand and heal. By exploring this site you are taking the first step towards understanding more about yourself and feeling better.
WHAT CAN I OFFER YOU ?
I offer you the opportunity to talk through your problems. I work works with Adults and Young People in NHS Primary Care settings, College, Young Devon and Private Practice.
I have experience working with medics and veterinary professionals relating to work based, clinical and professional issues. I have experience working with Anxiety, Depression, OCD, Grief, Anger, Self Esteem, Self Harm, Suicidal Thoughts.
A safe space to talk and examine problems that are causing you distress or unease. I work from rooms near Bideford, Fremington, Near Barnstaple and The Southernhay Clinic Exeter.
I will listen without judgment or criticism and offer support and help.
We all have problems in life and sometimes we need help. It's good to talk and most importantly I offer space for you to do that.
Together we can investigate and understand your thoughts, feelings and behaviours that may be causing you distress or dis-ease. The aim of counselling is to help you to accept, resolve and move on and to become aware of things that are stopping you from doing this. I will support you while you find the answers you need. I am a registered member of the BACP www.bacp.co.uk which provides Ethical guidelines for responsible counselling.
WHAT IS COUNSELLING?
Counselling is a talking therapy that offers support for distress, life changes and mental health problems. Psychotherapy works at a deeper and more complex level.
I will help to discover what is right for you and aid you in that path. Counselling does not tell you what to do but supports and guides you to work out the right pathway for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a registered member of the BACP and work within their Ethical code of conduct. I am fully insured.
- Bsc Hons Psychology
- Diploma Creative CBT- NCS (National Counselling Society) advanced specialist course
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling level 4 (cpcab)
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies (cpcab)
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Studies (cpcab)
- Foundation Degree in Psychology and Sociology. Plymouth University
- NCFE LEVEL 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism.
- Safeguarding- Group 2. Young Devon
CPD- Continuing Professional Development
- Working with Grief and Loss.
- Working with Children and Young people.
- Creativity for Wellbeing.
- Introduction to Psychodrama workshop.
- Psychodrama workshop day.
- Working with self harm.
- Understanding Substance Misuse.
- Creativity for Wellbeing Workshop.
- Working with Men and Women. Exploring diversity.
- Walking with Soul Event. Walk and talk Therapy.
- Addiction & Bereavement.
- Supporting LGBT community.
- Eating disorders.
- Private client work
- NHS Primary care as In house counsellor for GP surgeries.
- Petroc- Counsellor for students.
- Young Devon- Mentor for students- Early Help for Mental Helath.
- WAND Helpline. Counsellor. Providing support, listening, empathy and advice.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have an interest in the affect of Walk and Talk therapy. How walking and connecting in the open can add value to the counselling.
I am also keen to develop my interest in the use of companion animals in the sessions to enhance the therapeutic experience.
My fees are
£40 per session- concessions are discretionary.
I offer Counselling Students a reduced therapy rate £20
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have availability Mon to Fri 9am - 5pm and early evening sessions can be arranged. Weekend sessions are available.
Types of client