Jane Shackell Prof Dip PC BACP (Acc)
I am a holistic psychotherapist and will work in a compassionate, non-judgemental way. I will motivate you to find solutions to the challenges that life brings and together we will work through your struggles to make positive changes, to stand tall and be empowered.
I will help you to explore and work through, thoughts, feelings, behaviours and situations which maybe making life difficult. I will guide you to make sense of your difficulties, to heal yourself and then move forward, using multi-models of therapy. I can help you with anxiety, stress, panic attacks, and trauma. Depression, grief, phobias, anger, family issues and eating disorders. I offer a range of therapeutic approaches & have been trained in nutritional rehabilitation to support emotional change.
I have had a career in the Health and Wellness sector for most of my working life, which included many years as a manager. I single handily brought up two young children after a traumatic experience. This then started my journey on studying many forms of therapy to primarily strengthen my now adult children's mental health and wellbeing, as well as my own.
I have extensive experience working with groups and individuals of all ages and presently work in private practice. I also work with young people at Ouesdale School in Newport Pagnell.
Please give me a call or send an email and I will be happy to talk you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling Practice (PROF. DIP PSY C.) Level 5
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling Ad Dip PC
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Integration CBT
- Human Givens Therapeutic Life Coaching
- Extensive training with The National Centre for Eating Disorders including Anorexia, Bulimia, BED, Obesity, Emotional Eating, Body Dysmorphia and Exercise Addiction
- Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills Cert Hyp CS
- BWRT® is Brain Working Recursive Therapy®, an immensely effective technique that can often dissolve many mind-related problems almost instantaneously.
- Nutritional Interventions
- Meditation to empower you
- Generalised Anxiety and Panic Disorders Recovery
- Complex Trauma and the Body
- Suicide and Self Harm
- Human Givens Therapeutic Life Coaching
- ACT Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Practitioner Skills For Eating Disorders
- Practitioner Skills For The Management Of Obesity
- Nutritional Interventions For Eating Disorders
- BWRT® is Brain Working Recursive Therapy® Gen Psychopathology
- Working With Sexualised Trauma
- Clients With Narcissistic And Borderline Presentations
- BWRT@ Psychology of Identity and Behaviour Level 2
- Mind Valley 6 Phase Meditation
- Working With Shame
- Compassion for Voices
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Concessions offered for
£50 per 50 minute session
Key worker concessions
Concessions available for low income
Monday - Saturday 8am - 7pm
You can take the first steps toward recovery today by booking a one off, no obligation phone call to make sense of your situation and learn how I can help you.