Jane Jones Dip.Couns, MBACP
We are each a product of our past experiences and how they impact on the way we think, feel and act in the present. I believe that counselling can help us at times of change in life, or when past experiences become overwhelming. Working with a counsellor is a positive step towards finding new ways of coping and improving your situation, health and wellbeing.
I work with clients dealing with a wide range of issues. I also offer knowledge and experience of working specifically with people recovering from eating disorders and their carers. In addition, I specialise in the complexities of loss and bereavement.
I offer warmth, empathy and compassion, combined with gentle challenge. My style of practice is to use the therapeutic techniques that best meet your individual needs in a one-to-one setting. I work with a variety of counselling methods, which means that I can tailor the sessions in the most effective way to help you with the issues you face.
Without judgement, I will help you to look at your circumstances and offer insights gained from hearing what you share. This will enable you to work towards greater clarity, based on a better awareness of yourself, your emotions and situation.
As part of the therapeutic relationship, you can expect to experience:
- How a non-judgemental and safe relationship feels.
- Being who you really are without having to satisfy others' needs.
- Knowing what it's like to share your thoughts and feelings with someone who will understand and accept you.
For more detailed information, please visit my website: www.janejonestherapy.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
- 2016 Diploma in Integrative Counselling (CPCAB)
- 2014 Certificate in Counselling Studies (CPCAB)
- 2013 Certificate in Counselling Skills (CPCAB)
Commitment to Continuing Professional Development:
- Telephone Support Skills Training (Hospice of St Francis, Berkhamsted)
- Bereavement Support Training (Hospice of St Francis)
- Carer Support Training (Hospice of St Francis)
- Working towards achieving a Master Practitioner Qualification in Eating Disorders and Obesity with the National Centre for Eating Disorders (NCFED)
Professional Membership and Certification:
I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and work within its Ethical Framework.
I hold an Enhanced Certificate from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Eating disorders
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Relationship problems
- Work-related stress
Your choice of counsellor is very important to the success of your therapy. To help you with the choice, I offer a free, 30 minute introductory session.
Fees for ongoing, 50 minute sessions are £45.
Concessions for students and those on low income can be discussed.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 7pm
Types of client