Jane Fortune Reg.MBACP (Accred)
01244 0341577 / 07540 942872
Based on the outskirts of Chester city centre, I see clients both in person in my counselling room, and online using Vsee secure video link (a Telehealth platform built by NASA and compliant with GDPR, EUROPEAN DPR & HIPAA[USA] ). I am an accredited member of the BACP and listed on its register which is accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
My experience of counselling young people and adults in various settings over the course of 20 years has blessed me with insight, and an understanding, of how ‘we’ are all doing our best to get through life in the best way we know how. My philosophy enables me, I believe, [and clients confirm] to offer a compassionate and non-judgmental approach to whatever issue a person comes to counselling with.
Although not exclusively, I have many years experience working with people whose lives have been/are being affected by substance use issues (including prescribed and over the counter medications). However, I specifically work with a person on the underlying, or related, problems such as unresolved grief, depression, anxiety, loss and change, PTSD, OCD, relationship problems and more.
I am trained in humanistic approaches such Person-Centred Counselling, Transactional Analysis and Transpersonal Counselling, as well as Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT).
In addition to accepting self referrals I work with a number of Employee Assistance Providers and Medico-legal clients in the private sector and Government departments.
I am committed to providing a service which is welcoming to people of all backgrounds, is supportive, non-judgmental and non-discriminatory. I offer commitment, honesty and utmost respect for every individual with whom I work.
I also offer Psychedelic Integration Therapy to young adults (15-18) and individuals over 18 yrs. This type of therapy is offered in response to the emerging interest in, as well as an increased access to, plant medicines (e.g. Ayahuasca, Psilocybin, Peyote) and synthetic psychedelics (LSD, 2-CB) as well as MDMA. These substance are currently undergoing research trials and will likely be licensed for medicinal use within the next two years. However, outside of the laboratory and long before this research even began, people have been using these substance for their personal and spiritual development and, usually the synthetic types, for recreation. Occasionally people may experience unexpected difficulties whilst under the influence of psychedelic medicines which can leave them feeling very confused and anxious. Psychedelic Integration Therapy offers a supportive and non-judgmental relationship, and a safe space, where an person can integrate those aspects of their experience that may be troubling them. I also offer my services to individuals who are planning to use psychedelics, whether in the UK, Europe, or further afield (Peru, Mexico for example).
I will provide information and guidance on 'risk' minimization, such as the importance of 'set and setting' (this is vitally important!), drug testing, where on the web to find substance specific 'trip-reports' written by people who have taken the one they plan to use, how to use the web to research retreats and services abroad; where you can safely, and legally, have you a psychedelic experience and get the most from it.
For legal purposes I wish to state 'emphatically' that I do not supply psychedelic substances, legal or otherwise to anyone. And I do not provide a 'Trip-sitting' service.
My areas of experience include issues such
- Harm, or 'risk' reduction
- Panic disorders
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Relationship issues
- Family issues
- Loss and Change
- life transitions
- Sexuality (LGBTQI Affirmative)
- PTSD/Trauma Focused Therapy
- Domestic Violence
- sexual violence
- Transpersonal counselling
- Psychedelic Integration Therapy
My initial three years [1996-1999] of training and study established me in the Person Centered Approach and working at 'Relational Depth'. Over the years I have undertaken training in other approaches, therefore I am able to draw from, and integrate, a range of interventions so that I may provide the right support for each of my unique clients.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Dip in Advanced Counselling Studies (BACP Accred Course)
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Mediation Practitioner Certificate
- Online Counselling Certificate
- EFT Practitioner Level 2
- D.A.N.O.S. Core Units
- Tier 1 Alcohol Brief Interventions Provider
- British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy - Membership No. 591468
- British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies – Membership No. 050173
- AAMET International - Membership No. 1209009
Theoretical Models & Skills:
- Person-Centred Approach
- Transactional Analysis
- Emotional Freedom Techniques
- Group Work
- Psychedelic Integration Therapy
As an accredited BACP member and Registrant I am committed to safe and ethical practice and I adhere to their Ethical Framework for Good Practice and Professional Conduct. The counselling (including online) and Energy Therapies I provide are covered by Professional Liability Insurance and are subject to UK Law.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Emotional Freedom Techniques - commonly abbreviated to EFT - is a modern and growing form of personal therapy and healing. EFT can be effective for various purposes, including self-development, attitude and behaviour development, resolving personal problems, reducing stress and restoring life balance. The Emotional Freedom Techniques concept was developed in the US in the 1990’s by Gary Craig. EFT roots are in acupuncture, kinesiology and psychology. EFT is now spreading very rapidly in the in the UK, where the concept is now used in some specialist areas of the National Health Service.
Gary Craig's EFT discovery statement asserts that: "The cause of all negative emotions is a disruption in the body's energy system." He believes that "our unresolved negative emotions are major contributors to most physical pains and diseases."
Some people do like to find out more about the theory, while others are happy simply to have their problem resolved. If you would like to know more please visit http://www.emofree.com/eft/whatiseft.html
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
Counselling/CBT: Individual £45.00 per hr - Couples: £70 per hr
Live chat - Secure video or audio - FaceTime £45 hr - Email Counselling: £35 per 2-way email exchange
EFT: £45.00 per hr
Payment options: Cash, PayPal, Maestro, MasterCard, Bitcoin (20% off all session fees with Bitcoin payments)
1. In line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), I no longer offer online counselling sessions via Skype Video or Skype Instant Messaging. Instead, I offer online secure video sessions using Vsee.
Vsee is a secure platform which complies with the security requirements of HIPAA, UK and the European General Data Protection Regulations. To book an online session with me please follow this link and leave a message:https://vsee.com/s/73a7be7f
Alternatively, you can ring me, or contact me by email, if you feel unsure of what to do and I will guide you through the very easy process. If you can log in to Facebook you can log in to Vsee. That's how easy it is.
2. I am registered as a Psychedelic Integration Therapist on the website of MAPS.org. MAPS stands for Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies. Founded in 1986, the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit research and educational organization that develops medical, legal, and cultural contexts for people to benefit from the careful uses of psychedelics and marijuana. I offer Psychedelic Integration Therapy and Harm Reduction Information to people who use (or plan to use) psychedelic substances such as LSD, DMT, Magic Mushrooms/Truffles or Peyote Cactus; to name but a few. Being aware that many people will have chosen to use these substances for either spiritual or personal development I am keen to offer my service to help an individual plan how they can get the most from their experience in a safe and legally responsible way.
Substances such as MDMA, MDA, Mephedrone or 2C-B, for example, are classed as Empathogens or entactogens but are often regarded as psychedelics or stimulants as they may significantly enhance senses of touch, sound and sight . They are a class of psychoactive drugs that produce experiences of emotional communion, oneness, relatedness, emotional openness—that is, empathy or sympathy. For some, the use of these substances can bring about profound experiences which may leave them confused or overwhelmed by unfamiliar feelings and realizations that sometimes will emerge.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon - Fri: Face to Face or Online 24 hours. Weekends: Saturday 8.00 - 1.00 pm / Sunday: Closed
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I offer one-to-one Supervision/Case Work Consultancy to both qualified therapist and counsellors in training* on a BACP accredited training course.