Jane Fortune Reg.MBACP (Accred)
01244 0341577 / 07540 942872
Based in Chester, Cheshire, I am a BACP registered accredited integrative counsellor.
I offer a compassionate and non-judgemental approach to addiction, recovery & harm reduction. I have over 13 years experience working with people whose lives have been/are being affected by substance use/misuse (including prescribed and over the counter medications); and in particular related problems such as unresolved grief, depression, anxiety, loss and change, PTSD, OCD, relationship problems and more.
Established in Chester, Cheshire I am trained in Person-Centred Counselling, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT).
I work with a number of Employee Assistance Providers to the private sector and Government departments.
Whether we meet face to face or online my aim is to provide clients with a safe and supportive space, and a relationship based on respect and compassion. I am committed to providing a service which is welcoming to people of all backgrounds, is supportive, non-judgemental and non-discriminatory. I offer commitment, honesty and utmost respect for every individual with whom I work.
My areas of experience include issues such as:
- substance misuse
- harm reduction
- panic disorders
- generalised anxiety disorder
- anxiety disorders
- relationship issues
- family issues
- loss and change
- life transitions
- sexuality (LGBTQI Affirmative)
- PTSD/trauma therapy
- domestic violence
- sexual violence
- transpersonal counselling
- psychedelic integration therapy
- and phobias.
My initial three years [1996-1999] of training and study established me in the Person Centred Approach. This has remained my core therapeutic approach. I draw from a range of interventions in order to provide the right support for each of my unique clients. I integrate theories and practice from mainly three types of therapy: Person-Centred - Cognitive Behavioural –Transactional Analysis. On request, or when deemed to offer therapeutic benefit, I will integrate Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) to specifically address the underlying energetic aspects of a problem.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Dip in Advanced Counselling Studies (BACP Accred Course)
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Mediation Practitioner Certificate
- Online Counselling Certificate
- EFT Practitioner Level 2
- D.A.N.O.S. Core Units
- Tier 1 Alcohol Brief Interventions Provider
- British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy - Membership No. 591468
- British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies – Membership No. 050173
- AAMET International - Membership No. 1209009
Theoretical Models & Skills:
- Person-Centred Approach
- Transactional Analysis
- Emotional Freedom Techniques
- Group Work
- Psychedelic Integration
As an accredited BACP member and Registrant I am committed to safe and ethical practice, and as a member of the associations listed I adhere to their Ethical Framework for Good Practice and Professional Conduct. The counselling (including online) and Energy Therapies I provide are covered by Professional Liability Insurance and are subject to UK Law.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Emotional Freedom Techniques - commonly abbreviated to EFT - is a modern and growing form of personal therapy and healing. EFT can be effective for various purposes, including self-development, attitude and behaviour development, resolving personal problems, reducing stress and restoring life balance. The Emotional Freedom Techniques concept was developed in the US in the 1990’s by Gary Craig. EFT roots are in acupuncture, kinesiology and psychology. EFT is now spreading very rapidly in the in the UK, where the concept is now used in some specialist areas of the National Health Service.
Gary Craig's EFT discovery statement asserts that: "The cause of all negative emotions is a disruption in the body's energy system." He believes that "our unresolved negative emotions are major contributors to most physical pains and diseases."
Some people do like to find out more about the theory, while others are happy simply to have their problem resolved. If you would like to know more please visit http://www.emofree.com/eft/whatiseft.html
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
Counselling/CBT: Individual £45.00 per hr - Couples: £60 per hr
Live chat - Secure video or audio - FaceTime £40 hr - Email Counselling: £35 per 2-way email exchange
EFT: £45.00 per hr
Payment options: Cash, PayPal, Maestro, MasterCard, Bitcoin (20% off all session fees with Bitcoin payments)
1. In line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), I no longer offer online counselling sessions via Skype Video or Skype Instant Messaging. Instead, I offer online secure video sessions using Vsee.
Vsee is a secure platform which complies with the security requirements of HIPAA and the European General Data Protection Regulations. To book an online session with me please follow this link and leave a message:https://vsee.com/s/73a7be7f
Alternatively, you can ring me, or contact me by email, if you feel unsure of what to do and I will guide you through the very easy process. If you can log in to Facebook you can log in to Vsee. That's how easy it is.
2. I am registered as a Psychedelic Integration Therapist on the website of MAPS.org. MAPS stands for Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies. Founded in 1986, the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit research and educational organization that develops medical, legal, and cultural contexts for people to benefit from the careful uses of psychedelics and marijuana. I offer Psychedelic Integration Therapy and Harm Reduction Information to people who use (or plan to use) psychedelic substances such as LSD, DMT, Magic Mushrooms/Truffles or Peyote Cactus; to name but a few. Being aware that many people will have chosen to use these substances for either spiritual or personal development I am keen to offer my service to help the individual plan how they can get the most from their experience in a safe and legally responsible way.
Substances such as MDMA, PMA, Mephedrone or 2C-B, for example, are classed as Empathogens or entactogens but are often regarded as psychedelics or stimulants. They are a class of psychoactive drugs that produce experiences of emotional communion, oneness, relatedness, emotional openness—that is, empathy or sympathy. For some, the use of these substances can bring about profound experiences which may leave them confused or overwhelmed by unfamiliar feelings and realisations that sometimes will emerge.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon - Fri: Face to Face or Online 24 hours. Weekends: Saturday 8.00 - 1.00 pm / Sunday: Closed
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I offer one-to-one Supervision/Case Work Consultancy to both qualified therapist and counsellors in training* on a BACP accredited training course.