Each of us is unique and no two people experience the same difficulty in exactly the same way. I offer counselling or psychotherapy for a wide range of personal and work related difficulties such as:
- Coping with a major life event such as bereavement, divorce or redundancy
- Relationship problems with couples, family, friends or in the workplace
- Facing transitions from one life stage to another
- Depression, feeling hopeless, stuck, isolated or withdrawn or perhaps just feeling low for no obvious reason.
- Dealing with unresolved emotional issues
- Abuse, whether it is physical, verbal, sexual, emotional or psychological
- Stress when you feel overloaded, the pressure and demands are just too much and you feel like you can no longer manage.
- Anxiety, persistently feeling worried, edgy, a sense of unease or apprehension, fretfulness or fear, probably disturbed sleep too and possibly Panic Attacks
- Low self esteem, feeling you aren’t ‘good enough’ or aren’t ‘acceptable’ or generally don’t like yourself or believe you are ‘unlikeable’
- Perhaps you are looking for help to move on from trauma, feeling troubled, or disturbed, suffering ongoing pain and distress after an incident or ordeal
- Or maybe you want to work on personal development, increasing your awareness of your self and others, expanding your understanding and increasing your choices
- Some people are uncomfortable or unhappy with their given gender label and would like to explore issues related to gender identity, gender variance or gender dysphoria
Training, qualifications & experience
I have 20 years counselling experience in short and long term therapy in private practice, the NHS and voluntary sector. I have an MSc in Gestalt Psychotherapy and MA in Integrative Counselling and am also a qualified counselling supervisor
In addition to psychotherapy and counselling, I work as a trainer, group facilitator and a management consultant. I have special interest and professional experience in the areas of domestic abuse and gender variance.
UKCP registered Gestalt Psychotherapist
MSc in Gestlat Psychotherapy
MA in Counselling Studies (University of Nottingham)
Post Graduate Certificate in Counselling Supervision (Temenos)
Adult Education Teacher’s Certificate (City and Guilds)
United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy, www.psychotherapy.org.uk
The Gestalt Psychotherapy and Training Institute, www.gpti.org.uk
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
My consulting room in Melton Mowbray provides a large and comfortable setting for individual, couples and group therapy. It is easily accessible from Nottingham, Grantham and Leicester.
I offer daytime and evening appointments.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to discuss anything further.