Each of us is unique and no two people experience the same difficulty in exactly the same way. I offer counselling or psychotherapy for a wide range of personal and work related difficulties such as:
- Coping with a major life event such as bereavement, divorce or redundancy
- Relationship problems with couples, family, friends or in the workplace
- Facing transitions from one life stage to another
- Depression, feeling hopeless, stuck, isolated or withdrawn or perhaps just feeling low for no obvious reason.
- Dealing with unresolved emotional issues
- Abuse, whether it is physical, verbal, sexual, emotional or psychological
- Stress when you feel overloaded, the pressure and demands are just too much and you feel like you can no longer manage.
- Anxiety, persistently feeling worried, edgy, a sense of unease or apprehension, fretfulness or fear, probably disturbed sleep too and possibly Panic Attacks
- Low self esteem, feeling you aren’t ‘good enough’ or aren’t ‘acceptable’ or generally don’t like yourself or believe you are ‘unlikeable’
- Perhaps you are looking for help to move on from trauma, feeling troubled, or disturbed, suffering ongoing pain and distress after an incident or ordeal
- Or maybe you want to work on personal development, increasing your awareness of your self and others, expanding your understanding and increasing your choices
- Some people are uncomfortable or unhappy with their given gender label and would like to explore issues related to gender identity, gender variance or gender dysphoria
Training, qualifications & experience
I have 20 years counselling experience in short and long term therapy in private practice, the NHS and voluntary sector. I have an MSc in Gestalt Psychotherapy and MA in Integrative Counselling and am also a qualified counselling supervisor
In addition to psychotherapy and counselling, I work as a trainer, group facilitator and a management consultant. I have special interest and professional experience in the areas of domestic abuse and gender variance.
UKCP registered Gestalt Psychotherapist
MSc in Gestlat Psychotherapy
MA in Counselling Studies (University of Nottingham)
Post Graduate Certificate in Counselling Supervision (Temenos)
Adult Education Teacher’s Certificate (City and Guilds)
United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy, www.psychotherapy.org.uk
The Metanoia Institute, www.metanoia.ac.uk
The Gestalt Psychotherapy and Training Institute, www.gpti.org.uk
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I charge £45 for a one hour session.
My consulting room in Melton Mowbray provides a large and comfortable setting for individual, couples and group therapy. It is easily accessible from Nottingham, Grantham and Leicester.
I offer daytime and evening appointments.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to discuss anything further.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday and Friday all day, latest appointment 19:00. Limited evening appointments Tuesday and Wednesday.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|