Hello. You may be seeking support for a specific issue such as anxiety, low mood, relationship difficulties, bereavement - or have a general sense that things aren’t quite right in your world. Whatever your reasons, taking this first step and getting in touch with me may understandably feel rather daunting. When you get in touch, I will be more than happy to talk through any questions that you might have about how I work and what to expect.
It’s the relationship that we develop together that will be key. I aim to offer you a safe, confidential space in which I hope you will feel accepted and heard, so that we can begin to explore together what is troubling you. I am deeply committed to being alongside you as you tell me your story. Although you can't change the past, I believe that a warm therapeutic relationship can allow you to process your experiences and offer you the possibility of stepping back out into the world with improved self-awareness, confidence and perspectives.
I am an experienced BACP Accredited Counsellor and Psychotherapist able to work with both adults and young people, practicing from my private therapy room in the centre of Stourbridge. I am on the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Register and am guided by their Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions. I work integratively which means I blend together different theoretical approaches – person-centred, CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) and attachment. I am experienced in working with clients long term or to a limited number of sessions.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy, University of Derby
- Postgraduate Award in Working Therapeutically with Children and Young People, University of Warwick
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling Supervision (NCS Accredited)
- BACP Accreditation
I decided to re-train as a counsellor having personally experienced how transformative counselling can be. My previous work has been in corporate, educational and creative settings giving me a range of professional and personal experiences to draw upon.
I have a successful private practice in the centre of Stourbridge, and offer individual counselling to adults and young people, who come to counselling with many different issues. I also work with organisations such as The Salvation Army, Soma Health, Team Verrico, All About People and Premdor to offer time-limited counselling to employees (EAP referrals).
I was employed as a bereavement counsellor for the NHS-funded Bereavement Support South Worcestershire, based at St Richard's Hospice, having previously been a volunteer counsellor at the Hospice.
My experience with young people was previously gained through work as a locum counsellor at Haybridge High School, a volunteer counsellor at King Edward VI College in Stourbridge in the Staff and Student Counselling Service, and on placement at The What? Centre, Stourbridge.
Training Courses / Workshops
- Revolutionising Trauma Treatment, Babette Rothschild
- CBT for Depression and Suicide, Dr. Christine Padesky
- Recent Developments in the Psychology of Bereavement, Julian Bond
- Personal Aspects of Attachment Theory, Sir Richard Bowlby
- Stabilising Work in Complex Trauma Counselling, Rixon McShane
- Releasing Trauma from the Body: Essential Strategies, Peter Levine
- Neuroscience of Addiction, Dr Stella Vlachou
- Person-centred and Cognitive Explanations of Addiction, Mark Dempster
- Practical Counselling Strategies and Interventions in Addiction Work, Faisal Mahmood
- Shame, Christiane Sanderson
- Suicide - the confident practitioner, Tina Weston
- Addressing Suicidality and Suicide Risk Online, Online Events
Moving your practice online - a brief course for counsellors, psychotherapists and mental health practitioners, Online Therapy Institute
Creative Solution Focussed Brief Therapy, Sue Devall
- Refresh Your Current Knowledge Around Mental Health Disorders, Online Events
- Humanistic and Jungian Approach to Sand Tray Therapy, The Counselling and Family Centre
- Art Therapy in Practice, St Richard's Hospice
- Safeguarding, St Richard's Hospice
- Child Protection Training, King Edward VI College
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£50 per session (individual).
£65 per session EAPs and organisations.
Sessions are 50 minutes long. I am able to offer concessions so please ask me about whether there are any currently available.
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
I have a special interest in bereavement, loss and trauma.
I hold an enhanced DBS Certificate (formerly known as CRB).