Jane Blake MBACP
Hi, my name is Jane.
I am a compassionate integrative counsellor qualified to work with Adults, Young People & Children & a registered member of the BACP. I have been privileged to provide counselling locally for a wide range of clients in several organisations (as listed), with a broad range of issues. I offer flexibility, sensitivity & empathy in order to best suit individual needs.
I also have personal experience of receiving counselling & remember how intimidated I felt when initiating contact with a counsellor. It is important for you to acknowledge at this early stage that you have made a little, but significant & essential, step towards making contact with someone who can help.
I provide a secure, discreet & respectful place where I invite you to express your concerns at your own pace in a calm environment where I am non-judgemental, grounded & attuned to your needs. Counselling is a collaborative process built on deep trust so the agenda is yours throughout. You may have a specific reason for coming & be aiming to identify negative thoughts about yourself, others & the world, reflect upon your history to explain the emergence of any troubling issues & why they are still having a negative impact. Maybe you are curious about an aspect of your life which has always been confusing. Sometimes clients have come to me in search of a coping strategy for a present issue or make contact because they feel there is nobody offering them what they need but they are not sure what that need is exactly. I can offer stability & understanding & will endeavour to help you find a way forward in any of those situations.
In addition to talking therapy, my Postqualifying Diploma in Counselling Chidren & Adolescents involved working in a slightly different way & enabled me to learn about & personally experience more creative ways of self-expression which can be offered to adult clients also, but only should they wish. My GIM Music Course also enabled me to learn about & experience the inclusion of receptive music within a counselling session for therapeutic benefit.
I currently am a Volunteer Counsellor for a local organisation supporting Young People & previously have worked as a communication support worker within Primary & Secondary schools for students with hearing impairments & behavioural difficulties & am also an instrumental music teacher.
My single aim is to empower clients to live their lives in a fulfilled way with the greatest sense of purpose & balance possible.
I am able to offer daytime & early evening counselling sessions during the week (Monday to Friday) in Bideford & Barnstaple.
Weekend appointments are also possible by arrangement.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Guided Imagery & Music (GIM) Level 1
- Postqualifying Diploma Counselling Children & Adolescents
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling L4 cpcab (BACP accredited)
- Understanding Autism ncfe (Level 2)
- Understanding Substance Misuse ncfe ( Level 2)
- British Sign Language Level 1
- ATCL Music, Trinity College
- Integrating Mindfulness into Counselling & Psychotherapy
- One minute Mindfulness Strategies
- Self-regulation Strategies & Techniques for calming (Autism, ADHD, Sensory Processing Disorder)
- Introduction to Art Therapy
- Moving & Being: Exploring Creative Ways of Being in Relationship
- Creativity for Wellbeing
- Introduction to Psychodrama
- Counsellor - Private Clients (Adults, Young People & Children)
- Counsellor, Assessor & Student Mentor - Clarity, Barnstaple
- Counsellor - NDADA (North Devon Against Domestic Abuse) Barnstaple
- Counsellor - Young Devon, Barnstaple
- Counsellor - WAND phone helpline, Barnstaple.
- Facilitator of therapeutic Talking Group for adults with Anxiety & Depression
- Facilitator of therapeutic Music Group for adults with Communication difficulties
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
I offer a free & non-binding 30 minute session for you to ask any questions & decide if you would like to pursue counselling with me. I can give you as much time after this session to decide. If I feel I can't offer what you need, I can signpost you to a colleague who I think may be better able to help you.
I offer hourly sessions in Bideford & Barnstaple - each costing £35.
My timetable during the week is flexible - I am available day time & early evening.
Weekend counselling sessions by arrangement.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon - Fri (day & evening) - Weekend sessions by arrangement
Types of client