Jane Blake MBACP Counsellor for Adults, Young People & Children
Hi, my name if Jane & I offer you a warm welcome!
I am an approachable & sensitive counsellor fully qualified to work with Adults, Young People & Children. My approach to counselling is integrative which means I sculpt my approach to best suit your uique needs. I value & respect individuality so my principal aim is to help you express your unique needs & discover & nurture your strengths which you may be unaware of, but I believe are within everyone.
By reading my profile, you have already taken a small, but essential, positive step towards empowerment. There are further steps to take, but they may become less daunting with me alongside.
People come to counselling for many different reasons; maybe to process & eradicate persistent negative thoughts, reflect upon your history to explain the continuing impact of a past event, find a coping strategy for a current issue or simply be curious about the potential benefits of counselling.
Whatever the reason, I treat you with respect & equality by providing a calm, tranquil & confidential environment where you are accepted entirely without judgement & invited to express your individual concerns at your own pace.
You are welcome to explore creative interventions which can aid self-expression when words fail for clients of any age. It is not always easy to immediately speak about things & this approach may 'open a door' into telling your story. I have further training in receptive music therapy (listening) & have seen how art can sometimes do the initial talking.
My ultimate goal is to provide stability for you in the form of a secure therapeutic relationship, so that you are given time to reflect on anything that is troubling you & learn more about yourself. This means that we can work towards change in your life which will ultimately increase your strength & self-belief to face the future.
I am currently a volunteer Counsellor for a local organisation supporting Young People. I have worked for several local organisations (as listed) supporting adults with mental health issues & for schools supporting students with hearing loss & behavioural issues.
I am a registered member of the BACP (British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy) & abide by its Ethical Framework. Counseling is a collaborative process built on deep trust & it is of paramount importance that you feel safe with me.
I offer daytime & early evening sessions Monday to Friday in Bideford & Barnstaple. Both locations are easily accessible with nearby parking.
Weekend sessions by arrangement.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Guided Imagery & Music (GIM) Level 1
- Postqualifying Diploma Counselling Children & Adolescents
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling Level 4 cpcab (BACP accredited)
- Understanding Autism ncfe (Level 2)
- Understanding Substance Misuse ncfe (Level 2)
- British Sign Language Level 1
- ATCL Music, Trinity College
- Integrating Mindfulness into Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Self-regulation Strategies & Techniques (Autism, ADHD, Sensory Processing Disorder)
- Introduction to Art Therapy
- Basics of Behaviour Therapy
- Creative & Symbolic Methods
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Digital Media & Young People
- Trauma Releasing Exercises
- Moving & Being: Exploring Creative Ways of Being in Relationship to Self & Client
- Creativity for Wellbeing
- Introduction to Psychodrama
- Counsellor - Private Clients (Adults, Young People & Children)
- Counsellor & Group Facilitator - Clarity, Barnstaple
- Counsellor - NDADA (North Devon Against Domestic Abuse) Barnstaple
- Counsellor - Young Devon, Barnstaple
- Counsellor - WAND phone helpline, Barnstaple
- Facilitator of therapeutic Talking Group
- Facilitator of therapeutic Music Group
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
I offer an initial 30 minute complimentary session.
Hourly sessions cost £35. Concessions are discretionary eg) for students /those on benefits.
Availability - Monday to Friday (daytime & early evening).
Weekend sessions by arrangement.
If you would like to make further enquiries, please e-mail me or leave your name & contact number on my phone & I will return your call within 24hrs.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon - Fri daytime & early evening Weekend sessions by arrangement
Types of client