07917853211 / Leicester 0116 2703790
The decision to start counselling or psychotherapy can feel daunting and scary. It might be that something significant has happened in your life, such as bereavement or a relationship breakdown, or you have noticed patterns of behaviour that you feel are stopping you from making changes and moving forward. Some people decide to come for counselling because they are experiencing depression, anxiety or low mood. You may be a couple who need some support in improving how you relate and communicate with each other.
I work with people as individuals, finding the best way for the person, or the couple, to begin a journey of personal development. I will work alongside you, using my skills and experience to help you to challenge yourself, increase your understanding and awareness and make changes.
My websites provide lots of information about me and what I do, the best way to get started is to get in touch with me and then we can discuss what is happening and how I can help. You can take a look at these by clicking the links below:
Training, qualifications & experience
When working with people my aim is to find the best way to support that person to gain awareness and understanding and make the changes that they want to make. I have experience and training in a wide range of areas that include, Transactional Analysis, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Integrative Psychotherapy, Mindfulness and Trauma.
One of my areas of interest is working with shock and developmental trauma and helping people with the psychological and physiological impact of these experiences. Working with the mind-body connection is at the centre of the work that I do with people who have experienced trauma.
I hold the following qualifications:
- Foundation Certificate in Transactional Analysis Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Transactional Analysis Counselling
- Certificate in working with Children and Young People
- The Incredible Years: Parent Group Leader Training
- Bachelor of Arts Degree
- ILM Level 5 in leadership
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) registration number 781368. I am currently working towards becoming a Certified Transactional Analyst (CTA) and I am a member of the Berne Institute. I am a member of the Institute of Transactional Analysis (ITA) and I adhere to the BACP and ITA code of ethics and professional practice.
I have a private practice in Leicester working with individuals, young people and couples. I have also provided counselling and psychotherapy in the public sector, supporting adults, young people and families who are dealing with traumatic situations, such as domestic violence, abuse, bereavement or drug and alcohol dependency.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
For individuals, after the first free hour session, each 60 minute session, will be charged at £50.
When I am working with couples, I suggest that each session is 75 minutes long, as the additional time enables both people to get fully and equally involved in the process. A 75 minute session will be charged at £60, however, some couples prefer to have 60 minute sessions and these are charged at £55 an hour.
We would discuss and agree the duration of the sessions during our first free session.
The work that I do includes:
- Supporting people who are dealing with confusion, anxiety and depression
- Helping people to understand and change challenging behaviour patterns
- Helping couples who would like to improve their relationship, or are currently experiencing a crisis within their relationship
- Providing help and support to parents with the challenges of family life
- Working with people who have recently been divorced or separated to understand their experience and build a new life
- Offering support to people who experience significant change later in life. This can include; illness, bereavement, retirement, redundancy, divorce and separation, or adjusting to the changes that occur as we get older.
- Working with people who have experienced childhood and early developmental trauma
Other areas I work with include; self harm, suicidal thoughts, post-traumatic stress disorder, low mood, low self-esteem, eating issues, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, addiction, sexuality, sexual and relationship issues anger and passivity
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|