Jan Merrills PG.Dip Integrative Psychotherapy MBACP
Jan Merrills - PG.Dip Integrative Psychotherapy
When we feel overwhelmed and unable to see the wood for the trees, we can quickly find ourselves unable to cope with work or daily life. Sometimes all that is needed is an opportunity to explore the roots of our problems in a safe, compassionate and non-judgemental environment with someone who will work with us to help us discover insights and clarity for ourselves.
The most common short term problems faced by my clients are stress, other anxiety related issues, rumination, worry, relationship issues, work issues such as being overwhelmed, grudges and resentments and single traumas. All problems that can often be quickly alleviated through counselling or therapy The most common longer term problems include processing grief (including processing grief arising from the loss of pets) where interventions may be employed in order to help bring about and maintain lasting changes to improve well-being.
For those looking for a therapist with a business background, I have 30 years' experience in senior management in one of the world's top four firms of Chartered Accountants and law firms as well as 15 years' experience as a counsellor/psychotherapist both in the UK and overseas, counselling solicitors clients and other individuals from all walks of life in order to help them change their lives into the lives they want to live and be the best selves they can be
Training, qualifications & experience
I am UK qualified and a member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists), adhering to it's code of ethics. I have a wealth of experience in the counselling world as well as in corporate and academic life.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
£60 per 50 mins for individuals
Please contact me for quotes for couples counselling and Single Session CBT. I offer significant savings on fees for clients who would like to pay for 6 sessions up front
- The price of emotional labour
- Social anxiety and avoidance
- What is making so many married clients so angry, bitter or resentful?
- Why do couples leave seeing a counsellor until their marriage or partnership is in trouble?
- The importance of learning executive functioning skills
- Some of the reasons why clients say they can't say no
- What can parents do to help their child successfully transition from home to University?
- Men are talking and it's not just football
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I try to be available at most times unless marked away.
Types of client