Jamie McQuade- PgDip, Ad Dip Pc, Dip HypCs, MBACP Reg, MNCS(Accred)
My goal is to provide clients with a safe and supportive environment to not just solve their existing problems, but to also equip them with the tools and skills to help them face tough situations they may face in the future.
My private clinic is in Lisburn 10 minutes from Belfast with car parking facilities and plenty of outside lighting for evening appointments
How to get Started?
The first step for a client is to call or email me to set up the initial consultation where we will talk about what you want to get out of counselling. If you are happy to continue we will set up a second session and arrange to see you on a weekly basis.
You can reassured that you will always be put first and you will feel seen and heard. You will be thoroughly assessed to see if you would benefit from therapy with me or from one of our workshops. I listen carefully to your needs and tailor a treatment programme accordingly to help you achieve your goals
I believe that nothing should stand in the way of our clients achieving their goals but I also understand how hard it can be to set time aside to focus on yourself. That is why I offer a number of different options from day and evening therapy sessions, online counselling and workshops so that your therapeutic needs are still met.
I am professionally registered as a counsellor with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and the National Counselling Society (NCS). I am professionally registered as a hypnotherapist with The National Hypnotherapy Society (NHS).
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate Degree in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Informed by Research)
- Aim Awards Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Qualified Psychotherapeutic Counsellor
- Clinical Hypnotherapist
- Diploma in Working with Children and Young People
- Meditation Practitioner
- Stress Management Counsellor
- Mental Health First Aid
- CAMS - Suicide Prevention Training
- Certified BACP Accredited Cyber Therapist
- 20 years’ experience working for one of the largest banks in Northern Ireland
I am a volunteer counsellor and committee member with MACP (Mid-Ulster Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy).
I undertake regular Continuous Professional Development and regular supervision.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I specialise in Anxiety Issues and Work Related Stress having worked for one of the largest banks in Northern Ireland I have extensive first hand experience to just how devastating work related stress can have on people and the effects it can have on their families.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Gestalt therapy
Photos & videos
- Initial Consultation 1 Hour - £25
- 1 Hour Therapy Session- £45
- Block Booking 6 Session (1 session free) - £225
- Discounted Fee for Students £30
I am very passionate about being a counsellor and I always ensure the client's welfare is at the centre of everything I do.
I pride myself on being able to offer a personal, professional and unique service.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday 9-00am to 9-00pm. Saturdays 9-00am to 1-00pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|