The George Hurd Centre
Does this sound like you?
- You feel unappreciated and no longer respected by your partner
- You feel trapped, stifled and yearning for the days when you could express yourself freely
- You want to fix whatever is wrong between you, but your running out of things to try
- Sex has become a chaw, dissatisfying, your just going through the motions
The good news is … there are things that you can do, and having therapy with an experienced Counsellor can be the key to having a fulfilling relationship
Hi, my name is James Harris and I want you to know that I have a lot of respect for you.
Because you have the courage to admit that your relationship is causing you pain and now is the time to start making things better.
Over the years I’ve worked with many guys who are facing a similar relationship Chrises to the one you're facing right now.
And I’ve had the privilege of being their with them as they’ve transformed in one or more of the following ways:
- Gaining respect from others through clearly communicating needs and setting boundaries
- Discovering the inner strength to express themselves more freely
- Developing the problem solving, communication and emotional tools to build fulfilling relationships
- Ways to re-kindle passion and grow closer to loved ones
If you’ve red this far then I hope you're starting to see that working with me might be the very thing you’ve been looking for.
This is usually when a character I like to call Safety Sam starts to grumble.
… Imagine a stressed looking fella, Hi Vis jacket, yellow safety helmet, clipboard…
He’s that part of us who thinks he has our best interests at heart, who just wants us to be safe, who only wants to protect us.
Typically, Safety Sam will tell us things like:
- What if your judged as weak? A looser? Not a real man?
- What if you have to sit there and talk about your feelings?
- How is this going to help you turn things around?
Are you starting to see how Mr S. Sam holds us back from making the changes we need to make in our relationships?
Be assured, I’m not here to judge you, I’ve been there myself.
And, I’m confident that after we’ve worked together for a few sessions you’ll feel more comfortable and that heavy burden you’ve been carrying will start to lighten.
It's not too late to turn things around in your relationship.
You Can take back control, you can make a difference in your own life and in the lives of those you care about most.
Contact me today for a free 10 minute chat where you can ask the questions that need to be asked
P.S. If your name is Sam and your a Health & Safety inspector then you can have a session on the house!
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP Accredited diploma in Counselling (2012), The Gestalt Centre, London
- Post-graduate Diploma in Gestalt Therapy (2017), London Metropolitan University.
- MA in Gestalt Therapy (2018), London Metropolitan University.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
£20 for the first consultation
£45 for subsequent consultation's
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Various daytime and evening sessions available, please enquire
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|