The George Hurd Centre
Does this sound like you?
- You go from being ok at one moment too exploding with anger in the next
- You’ve been up all night because your worried about everything going wrong
- Exhausted, you stumble through another grey day. Surely there is more to life than this?
- Your having an unending series of blow-ups with the people you care about most
- You know that trying to handle things by yourself is just making things worse
The good news is … there are things that you can do, and having therapy with an experienced Counsellor can be the key to creating life long change.
Hi, my name is James Harris and I have a special interest in working with men. I’ve collaborated with 100’s of male clients over the years. Here are just a few of the benefits my guys have told me they’ve experienced during our work together.
- Bouncing out of bed with a smile on their face, ready to take on the day
- Tools to keep their cool during stressful situations
- Opening up more with partners, family members and friends
- Gaining the confidence to find a partner for the first time, make a much needed career change or start a hobby
- Finding a better work-life balance
From working with my guys I’ve learned a thing or two about what its like considering therapy for the first-time. Sometimes, my clients will be thinking to themselves:
- What if I’m judged as weak, helpless, not good enough, a failure?
- I don’t like talking about myself and I certainly don’t want to took about how I’m feeling
- Thing’s aunt too bad right now, perhaps if I keep quiet they’ll get better … eventually...
Your concerns are perfectly normal and yet I’m confident that you’ll soon discover that sharing a problem with me takes a huge weight off your shoulders.
My aim is to support you in the development of your mental & emotional strength, so that you have more of yourself to take on life’s challenges with flexibility, confidence and ease.
Call me today for a free 15 minute chat where you can ask the questions that need to be asked. Alternatively, you can drop me an email and together we’ll get started.
Training, qualifications & experience
BACP Accredited diploma in Counselling (2012), The Gestalt Centre, London
- Post-graduate Diploma in Gestalt Therapy (2017), London Metropolitan University.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
£20 for the first consultation
£40-£50 for subsequent consultation's
10% Discount currently available for the 1st four consultations (offer expires on the 1st March 18)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Various daytime and evening sessions available, please enquire
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|