(Dip.Couns), PGcert Psychology, MACC
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
If you are having problems, perhaps at work or at home, then there is a good chance that counselling can help. I offer you the chance to explore the situation and your options in such a way as to (hopefully) lead a happier life.
Although I am able to work with adults aged 18 or over of any gender, I specialise in helping men and people with schizophrenia (often the same people) as well as depression and anxiety. I can offer you short term counselling (around six weeks worth) or, if it seems useful, longer term work. Either way, I think you will benefit!
Clients can call or email me to set up a free 30 minute initial session, where we will discuss what they want to get out of counselling. If both parties are happy to continue we will arrange a second session, and thereafter, by agreement, meet regularly (usually once per week).
Training, qualifications & experience
- 29 August 2014 CPCAB Level 2 award in introduction to counselling skills
- 09 July 2015 CPCAB Level 2 certificate in counselling skills
- 15 July 2016 CPCAB Level 3 certificate in counselling studies
- 19 March 2019 Open College Network Level 4 diploma in counselling
Conferences and training events:
- 18 July 2015 Understanding more about anxiety (by Dr. Julie Waumsley)
- 13 November 2015 Working with suicidal clients (by Andrew Reeves)
- 25 March 2017 Working with couples (by Sarah Smyth)
- 10 October 2018 Using creative interventions (by Dot Lundie, Audrey Scott and Gayle Jones)
- 8 February - 11 February 2019 ACC national conference "Embodied Hope"
- 12 June 2019 Smart endings (by Gwyn Pritchard)
- September 2020 - June 2021 PGcert Psychology (University of Northampton)
- 21 July 2021 Rogers' core conditions (Counselling CPD. com)
- 2 August 2021 Configurations of self (Counselling CPD. com)
Association for Christian Counsellors (ACC)
The Association of Christian Counsellors is a professional body representing and setting standards for Christian counselling and care in the UK. The organisation is made up of various different membership categories, including Counsellor and Accredited, and requires all members working as counsellors to undertake Continuous Professional Development on a regular basis.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£40.00 per session
Free initial telephone or online session
I currently charge £40 per session. Each session lasts for one hour. This rate is, I think, competitive. Whilst it is possible to pay less, in my view what you are gaining from working with me is greater value for money.
When I work
I can work most days (except sundays) by utual arragement. Additionally, I can also offer counselling in the evening if that seems helpful.
I am happy, if it seems mutually agreeable, to conduct therapy sessions in clients' own houses. This would have to be by arrangement, but I am hoping that it will be of use to people with limited mobility or other care needs.