James Field, MBACP
07719 025 165 / 07719 025 165
Thank you for taking the time to view my profile.
I am a warm, friendly, qualified counsellor in Exeter. I can help you to bring about the real and meaningful change you need in your life if you're struggling with difficult or disabling feelings, going through a hard time or just feeling generally stuck in life.
I have successfully helped clients with a range of problems including anxiety, depression, anger management, bereavement and more. Whatever it is that you are seeking help with I will work hard to understand your unique needs and to provide you with the support you need.
I understand that choosing a counsellor can be daunting so I offer a free, initial consultation, either over the phone or face to face, so you can decide for yourself if I'm the right counsellor for you. I work from comfortable dedicated counselling rooms in the centre of Exeter. Weekend and evening sessions are available.
Please visit my comprehensive website for more information about who I am and how I work. For now please know that if you choose to contact me you will be treated with patience, respect and compassion from the very beginning of our relationship. I will never judge you or label you. Because you are a unique individual with unique problems I will tailor the way I work to meet your needs (and if I don't think I'm going to be the best person to help you I will let you know straight away so as not to waste your time or money.)
I am committed to working to the highest professional, legal and ethical standards at all times. I believe in the power of counselling to change lives for the better so, alongside my private practice, I also work part-time for Iron Mill College where I manage their affordable counselling service and I volunteer for the Margaret Jackson Centre, a local charity offering low-cost counselling to the general public.
Whilst I trust in the training, knowledge, experience and skills that I bring to the counselling room, the most encouraging feedback I get from my clients is that they feel I really understand them and their problems. I believe that this in itself can transform lives.
I hope to hear from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Iron Mill College - Certificate in Counselling
- Iron Mill College - Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Working with Relational Trauma (PODS)
- Human Diversity, The Challenge of Meeting the Other (WAC)
- Anger, Rage and Relationship (Iron Mill College)
- Eating Disorders Training Day(Exeter & East Devon Counselling Training)
- Margaret Jackson Centre - Counsellor (Volunteer) (2014 to present)
- Charity offering affordable counselling to the public. As one of the more experienced counsellors within the service I work with clients with more complex needs.
- Iron Mill College - Iron Mill College Counselling Service Coordinator (2017 -present)
- Managing all aspects of a busy, growing affordable counselling service: line-managing counsellors, assessing clients, ensuring compliance with legal and ethical frameworks.
Prior to becoming a counsellor I had a twenty year long, varied career as a conservationist, ecologist and environmental educator working for wildlife and community regeneration charities and latterly within the water industry.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
Photos & videos
I offer a free initial consultation.
Following sessions are £40 per hour.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mondays & Fridays - daytime and evening. Saturdays - daytime.
Types of client