James Field, MBACP
07719 025 165
Thank you for taking the time to view my profile. I can help you to bring about the real and meaningful change you need in your life if you are struggling to overcome difficult times or trying to cope better with troubling or disabling feelings such as anxiety, anger or depression. I can also help if you're just feeling lost on life or stuck in a rut.
I understand that choosing a counsellor can be daunting so I offer a free, initial consultation where you can meet me face to face to decide if I'm going to be the right person to work with you. I work from comfortable dedicated counselling rooms in the centre of Exeter. Weekend and evening sessions are available.
I work in a pluralistic way which means that I am influenced by a number of different approaches to counselling and will tailor the way I work to suit your individual needs. I am not here to diagnose you, judge you or tell you what to do with your life and will always work hard to understand your inner world and experiences.
Whilst I trust in the training, knowledge, experience and skills I bring to the counselling room, the most encouraging feedback I get from my clients is that they feel I really understand them and their problems. I believe that this in itself can transform lives.
I hope to hear from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Iron Mill College - Certificate in Counselling (2012)
- Iron Mill College - Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling (2012-2016)
- Working with Relational Trauma (PODS, 2015)
- Human Diversity, The Challenge of Meeting the Other (WAC, 2017)
- Anger, Rage and Relationship (Iron Mill College, 2018 )
- Margaret Jackson - Volunteer counsellor (2014 to present)
- Iron Mill College - Iron Mill College Counselling Service Coordinator (2017 -present)
Prior to becoming a counsellor I had a twenty year long, varied career as a conservationist, ecologist and environmental educator working for wildlife and community regeneration charities and latterly within the water industry.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
I offer a free initial consultation.
Following sessions are £40 per hour.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mondays & Fridays - daytime and evening. Saturdays - daytime.
Types of client