Jade West, Integrative Therapist in Bath
Jade West Therapy
Integrative Therapist in Bath
If you are struggling, feeling stuck or overwhelmed, I can provide a safe and welcoming therapeutic space for you to explore whatever brings you to therapy. I am an Integrative Therapist, which means I tailor my approach to best suit your unique needs.
I am currently able to offer telephone or online sessions.
In the sessions, I can support you to understand and learn about yourself. Therapy can help people to make meaningful changes in their lives, as well as develop acceptance and self-compassion for what cannot be changed. I have seen many of the people I have worked with benefiting from therapy, and I have found that therapy has been of great benefit to me in my own life.
I am experienced in working with a wide range of difficulties, including anxiety, low mood, and low self-esteem. I specialise in working with people who have experienced emotional neglect in their childhood and adolescence.
I can help with:
- Anxiety or panic
- Low mood, depression or lack of pleasure in life
- Shame or guilt
- Difficult experiences in childhood or adolescence
- Childhood emotional neglect
- Self-criticism and low self-esteem
- Unhelpful relationship patterns
- Feelings of mistrust / fear of abandonment or rejection
- Loss, bereavement or grief
- Existential themes, such as loss of meaning in life, or fears about death
It's important to feel comfortable with the therapist you work with. I offer a free 30 minute initial meeting, which gives you the chance to talk about what you are looking for, and to see whether I can help. I would explain how I work, and attend to any questions or concerns you may have. You are welcome to contact me if you have any questions before deciding to arrange an initial meeting.
Please visit my website for more information: jadewesttherapy.weebly.com
Training, qualifications & experience
I have fifteen years experience working with a wide range of people, within the NHS and private practice. I originally trained as a Psychologist. Through my own personal journey, as well as my growing interest in the healing powers of mindfulness, I decided to begin training in Mindfulness Based Core Process Psychotherapy at the Karuna Institute in Devon. I have my own mindfulness practice, which is an important part of my self-care and wellbeing.
My work is influenced by Attachment Theory, Psychodynamic theory, trauma research, and the psychology of mindfulness.
My Qualifications and Accreditations
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy)
- Foundation training in Mindfulness Based Core Process Psychotherapy (Karuna Institute)
- Currently training on the Post Graduate Diploma in Mindfulness Based Core Process Psychotherapy (Kaurna Institute)
- I am registered with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) and follow their ethical framework of good practice
- I am a registered member of the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) and abide by their ethical framework
- I receive regular Clinical Supervision
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Attachment disorder
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
50 minute sessions are £55.
Sessions are weekly.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client