Jade West, Psychotherapy in Bath
Personalised Psychotherapy in Bath
Welcome to my page.
I am an experienced Psychologist with a warm and patient approach, offering individual Psychotherapy in Bath. I have fifteen years of experience working with people with a wide range of difficulties. My own life challenges and my personal experiences of therapy have helped me to become an empathic and understanding Therapist. Many of the people that I have worked with have reported feeling comfortable with me, which has allowed them to open up about their most troubling thoughts and feelings.
I originally trained as a Psychologist, and I have begun further Psychotherapy training that uses Mindfulness as an effective tool for reducing anxiety, stress, and depression (known as Core Process Psychotherapy).
My approach helps people to look more closely at thoughts and feelings, right in the moment that they are happening. I support people to practice slowing down, and to build self-awareness, which is the key to both self-acceptance and change.
We can so easily get caught up with trying to 'fix' ourselves or trying to get rid of difficult feelings as quickly as possible. This form of therapy can help people to build the patience needed for deeper and more lasting changes.
My approach helps people to:
- Live more in the now, rather than the past or future
- Begin to let go of unhelpful patterns
- Develop a clearer sense of who they are
- Build self-acceptance, self-compassion, and self-trust
- Improve relationships, communication, and boundaries
- Discover the roots of their difficulties
- Reduce anxiety, stress and depression
Here are some of the difficulties I can help with:
- Anxiety or panic
- Low mood, depression or lack of pleasure in life
- Difficulties with anger
- Shame and/or guilt
- Difficult childhood experiences
- Emotional neglect (past or present)
- Self-criticism and low self-esteem
- Difficulties around identity / sense of self
- Unhelpful relationship patterns
- Loss, bereavement or grief
- Existential themes, such as loss of meaning in life, or fears about death
Initial Meeting and Fees
The initial meeting gives us the chance to talk about what you are looking for, and to see whether I can help. It would give you a sense of how I work, with the opportunity to ask any questions. This meeting lasts for 50 minutes, and the fee is £30.
Further sessions are £55. Sessions are weekly and last for 50 minutes. I can offer some evening spaces when available.
My Bath practice is based at The Practice Rooms. Therapy sessions are weekly. I can offer some evening spaces when available.
How long will would work together?
My aim would be to work with you for as long as is helpful to you. I provide both short-term and long-term therapy.
If you decide to begin therapy, we would agree to meet for six sessions. We would then have a review on session six to see whether you would like to continue. There would be regular check-ins to ensure that you are finding the sessions helpful.
Please feel free to contact me if you have a query about therapy or would like to arrange an initial meeting.
please visit my WEBSITE for more information: www.jadewesttherapy.com
Training, qualifications & experience
I have fifteen years experience working with a wide range of people, providing individual and group-based Psychotherapy. I originally trained as a Psychologist at the University of Exeter. Since qualifying, I have continued to work within the NHS alongside my private practice. Through my own personal journey, as well as my growing interest in the healing powers of mindfulness, I decided to begin training in Core Process Psychotherapy (Mindfulness based Psychotherapy) at the Karuna Institute in Devon. I regularly practice mindfulness, which is an important part of my life and wellbeing.
I am experienced in working with a range of difficulties, including anxiety, low mood, and low self-esteem. Much of my experience has involved working with people who have had difficulties in relation to early trauma and/or emotional neglect.
My Qualifications and Accreditations
- Psychology (BSc)
- Clinical and Abnormal Psychology (MSc)
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy)
- Foundation training in Core Process Mindfulness Based Psychotherapy (Karuna Institute)
- Currently training on the Post Graduate Diploma in Core Process Mindfulness Based Psychotherapy (Kaurna Institute)
- I receive regular Clinical Supervision
- I am registered with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) and follow their ethical framework of good practice
Here are some of the comments that I have received from people I have worked with:
"Thank you for all of your help over the last few months. It has had a huge impact on my life and I am extremely grateful".
“Thank you so much for everything this past year. You have helped me beyond words and I am very grateful. I have learnt a lot about myself and grown as a person and achieved things I never thought I'd be able to do”.
“I want to thank you so much for your help and support. I have made progress that I didn't think was possible. I feel so much happier and content, and for once I believe in myself and know that I am worthy of love and care. Thank you for giving me space and safety to discuss things that I didn't even know had affected me so much. Thank you for your kindness and for always listening. As I embark on this next phase of my life, I know I will have the strength to deal with the challenges that come my way, thanks to you”.
“I could not have moved forward without the therapy”.
“I was able to speak freely without being judged and was made to feel at ease and talk about each problem while receiving full respect from Jade and sympathy”.
"Thank you for your kindness and understanding, and for helping me to be kind and understanding to myself".
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Attachment disorder
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client