Chartered Psychologist, Psychotherapist and Supervisor
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
I'm a chartered psychologist based in central Bath, offering a range of psychological therapies (including CBT, compassion focused therapy, schema therapy and EMDR for trauma) and integrative psychotherapy for individuals aged 18+. I also provide relationship therapy for couples and other close relationships, and supervision.
As a psychologist, I work with a wide range of emotional and mental health difficulties, including:
- anxiety-related difficulties (including generalised anxiety disorder, chronic worry, health anxiety, social anxiety, panic attacks and phobias);
- trauma (PTSD, complex trauma and difficulties with dissociation);
- eating disorders and body-related distress/body dysmorphia;
- obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), intrusive thoughts and trichotillomania;
- depression, low mood and other difficulties with emotion regulation;
- low self-esteem and self criticism;
- relationship difficulties;
- identity-related issues (including issues relating to autism spectrum and other forms of neurodiversity such as ADHD);
- work-related problems (such as stress, burnout or the effects of workplace bullying);
- the emotional effects of chronic pain, fatigue and other long term health problems; and
- the long-term effects of emotional abuse, neglect and/or trauma in childhood and adolescence.
You may find that the difficulties that you experience don't seem to fall within any of these terms or descriptions, but are still getting in the way of you living a fulfilling and meaningful life. I provide a warm and supportive environment in which we can explore whatever is concerning you, and work together to identify new perspectives and possibilities.
Training, qualifications & experience
Doctor of Counselling Psychology (HCPC registration number PYL 38430). This included training in cognitive behavioural therapy, relational psychodynamic psychotherapy, systemic therapy and supervision.
Chartered Psychologist, British Psychological Society.
In addition to my private practice, I have experience of working in a variety of therapy and psychology services, including: NHS specialist eating disorder services; an NHS service for complex and longstanding mental health difficulties; a hospital pain clinic; an occupational health service and a university counselling service.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Psychological Society (BPS)
British Psychological Society
Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling I deal with
From £70.00 to £110.00
My fee is £70 for weekly 60 minute sessions for self-funded individuals, and £80 for weekly 60 minute sessions if you are funded by a health insurer or other organisation. For couple therapy, the fee is £80 for weekly 60 minutes sessions.
If you are going to be funded by a health insurer/other organisation, they will typically have specific requirements (such as obtaining advance approval before we start working together), so please let me know about this when you get in touch.
Please note that specialised therapy for trauma (CBT or EMDR) will usually include at least some 90 minute sessions; I can explain and discuss this with you in the initial session. The fee for 90 minute sessions is £100 for self-funded individuals and £110 for sessions funded by an insurer/organisation.