Jacqueline Cubici-Gonzalez - Registered Member BACP (MBACP)
How counselling can help
A supportive, professional and respectful environment could help you to begin talking about your situation and issues. This provides an opportunity to speak openly about what you are experiencing, and to be listened to emphatically and without judgement. Receiving feedback and understanding will bring some relief.
Counselling will enable you to look more deeply at current difficulties and to think about how the past may be affecting the present.
You can work towards making sense of your current situation: your reactions and behaviours, and your thoughts and feelings, including those of which you are not aware or less aware of.
How can I help?
I believe that the difficulties and traumas of life need never define us as human beings. Rather, I believe that when safety, skilful caring and authentic connection are available to us, these very traumas become the doors through which we discover our own unique gifts, talents and power as individuals.
I comfortably work with many different modalities, and offer my services from a person-centred perspective. That means that YOU are the expert of your own life, and we will work collaboratively to meet the goals you want to achieve.
I also work with Psychodynamic approach. Psychodynamic theory is most closely associated with the work of Sigmund Freud, and with psychoanalysis, a type of psychotherapy that attempts to explore the patient's unconscious thoughts and emotions so that the person is better able to understand him- or herself. This includes all the theories in psychology that see human functioning based upon the interaction of drives and forces within the person, particularly unconscious, and between the different structures of the personality.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a registered member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapy (BACP) which is a professional standards authority, and my work is regulated by its Ethical Framework.
I have a Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling awarded by the Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB). Also:
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- Certificate in Counselling Studies (CPCAB Level 3)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (CPCAB Level 2)
- Certificate introduction to counselling (CPCAB Level 1)
My work experience include:
Associate Counsellor at Royal Holloway University of London.
Working with students of different backgrounds:
- Offering students an individual counselling service, using a variety of counselling techniques tailored to each individual.
- Offering students a triage service and assessing the need for support from outside agencies or university mentors.
- Offering a model of counselling that enabled students to work towards a state of independence.
- Worked with a diverse range of issues including bereavement and loss, eating disorders, self-harm, depression and anxiety.
- Worked with equal opportunities issues relating to the counselling process.
Youth Counselling, at Youthline Counselling Service:
- Working in a face to face counselling service for young people from 12 years old and over.
- Offering a confidential counselling service for young people attending secondary school, and young adults up to the age of 25.
- Offering a safe and supportive environment which was continuously professionally supervised and updated with new skills and changes on data protection.
Continuing professional development:
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults / Raising awareness.
- Safeguarding Young People.
- Procedure to Encrypt Child Protection Documents and Confidential Information.
- Understanding and Working with Self-Harm.
- Trauma and Abuse.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Spanish, Romanian, Greek, Portuguese and Italian|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|