Jacqueline Connaughton MBACP - Individual Counselling & Clinical Supervision
Empowering You To Flourish
Don't you deserve to have better Mental Health, today and for your future?
Can you imagine a life with fewer symptoms, more energy and where counselling is tailored to your specific needs?
Here at CounsellingJCT you will find just that.
I am passionate and committed to the emotional wellbeing of you, the client. Your mental health is important and how you deal with it can make all the difference. I am here to help you, with whatever you are dealing with right now. Don’t be alone, together we can work to find a resolution that suits you.
You might wonder who I work with?
No matter who we are, we all experience life, which we know brings all kinds of situations to our door. No matter what level our emotional health is at, we will all go through challenging times. However, you do not have to do this alone. Together we can build resilience, increase our mental wellbeing and move forward with positivity.
I work with you, the adult, on any of the following matters:
- Trauma / Sexual Abuse / Childhood Abuse
- Anger and Mental Health
- Self Harm
- Chronic Illness
- Carers & Compassion Fatigue
- Women and Mental Health
- Men and Mental Health
- Work life balance
- Workplace Burnout
- Confidence and Self Esteem
If your situation is not listed please contact me and together we can discuss your needs further.
How do we work together?
I am a professional, qualified counsellor. I am knowledgeable and experienced in various mental health matters. I have a proven track record of working with emotional wellbeing for the last 15 years.
I use an integrative approach to my counselling work that is underpinned by person centred qualities. In my view, no one approach fits all. I tailor my counselling tools to that of your individual needs.
Our work together can be time limited or open ended. We would discuss your needs at your first appointment and agree a working plan. Ideally, we would initially meet once a week, for the first six weeks and then review our work together.
In our working together you will experience a safe, trustworthy, therapeutic environment.
Some of the benefits you can gain with CounsellingJCT:
- Tailored interventions specific to you and your circumstances
- A supportive environment
- Strengthen your ability to manage stressful situations
- Increased ability to manage anxiety and depression
- Empowerment to find better control in your day to day life
- Discover your inner strength and ability to manage situations
- Understanding your mental health better
- Having an improved relationship with yourself and others
- Learn what your triggers are and ways in which you can reduce symptoms
- Exploration of your thinking patterns
- Improved sleep and relaxation
- Understanding on self harm and/or destructive thought
- Increase your self esteem
- Learn and develop a variety of self-care strategies to help you
- Trust your feelings more
- Set and achieve personal goals
- Discover the answers that are important to you and your life
- Understand the stages of grieving
- Experience that it is possible to live again without betraying your loved one
Take that positive step now and make contact with me, at CounsellingJCT
Thank you for taking the time to read about me and my service.
Wishing you well.
Training, qualifications & experience
I use an Integrative approach to my Counselling work, that is underpinned by Person Centred qualities, in which I trained and qualified in.
I have undertaken various roles within my career as a Counsellor, working with individuals who have experienced loss, attachment difficulties and trauma. In addition to this, I have undertaken extensive training in this specialist area, which I am more than happy to discuss further with you.
My working life has involved various roles working within the charity and private sectors. This has ranged from offering one to one sessions, child protection helplines, rape crisis, to managing and supervising a team.
I am a Registered Member of the BACP (British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy) and abide by their guidelines and code of conduct; and you can find me on their member’s directory.
I am also a member of the European Society of Trauma and Dissociation and registered with PODS (Positive Outcome for Dissociative Survivors) and a member of TAG (Trauma & Abuse Group).
I receive regular Clinical Supervision and attend Peer Group Supervision.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Burnout & Recovery
- Compassion Fatigue
I offer face to face Counselling and Supervision.
Please feel free to contact me and we can discuss fees.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
Supervision & training
.View supervision profile