Dr. Jaclyn MacLeod, Clinical Psychologist
Hi, I am Dr Jaclyn MacLeod, a Clinical Psychologist with over 10 years experience of working therapeutically. I have a diverse work background which began with 10 years serving in the Army as Military Policewoman. Whilst serving in the Army I completed my COSCA counselling qualification and I was trained to work with victims of sexual violence. I then spent 5 years working in the 3rd sector with disadvantaged children and young people. In 2007 I began working in Adult mental health for the NHS.
I am based in Falkirk town centre, which is where we would meet.
All enquiries are welcome and I am happy to discuss your needs informally over the phone before booking an appointment. I work with a range of difficulties which include, low self esteem, mood, anxiety and trauma.
Training, qualifications & experience
I work integratively which means I use a range of therapeutic strategies to help you with your difficulties. This means that we will tailor our work together to your needs and abilities.
I am trained and experienced in using Cognitive Behavioural Therapies (CBT) as well as third wave therapies which include Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) and mindfulness.
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (University of Glasgow)
- PhD in Suicide and self-harm (University of Glasgow, ESRC funded)
- Masters in Psychological Research Methods (University of Stirling, ESRC funded)
- BSc (Honours) 1st class in Psychology (University of Stirling)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Childhood bereavement
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation anxiety
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Assessment which involves two 50 minute sessions £90
50 minute treatment session £65
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekly first appointment 8am last appointment is 7.30pm
weekend appointments also available
Types of client