Jacky Power MSc, MBACP, MFDAP
Training, qualifications & experience
- Experiential therapy training at Onsite workshops (2018)
- Advanced Diploma in Eating Disorders (2018)
- MSc in Addiction Psychology and Counselling (Distinction) (2016)
- Diploma in Addiction Psychology and Counselling (2015)
- Certificate in Addiction Psychology and Counselling (2012)
- Trauma reduction and reparenting model workshop (2012)
- Brene Brown day and a half workshop: The Knowledge: Exploring Courage, Vulnerability, Shame and Worthiness
- Speaker at ICAAD 2017 - 'Figuring out the Facebook hook'
I am a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy. I adhere to their ethical framework.
I have worked in two different drug and alcohol rehabilitation centres where I have done one to one counselling and facilitated group therapy.
My training allows me to have a fundamental psychological understanding of what can be the drivers to addiction - attachment, trauma, abuse, genetics or family systems. This gives me a good framework of understanding about addiction and codependency to offer you in a counselling session. However, each person is unique and I do not use my experience to assign labels but to give a holistic understanding of addiction. Most importantly it is about you - your goals, your needs, your struggles. I take an eclectic approach in my work, drawing from the person centred philosophy but also using transactional analysis. transpersonal and existential approaches to inform my work.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I charge £75 per 60 minute session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday.
Types of client