Ivama Zavina-Newman, Counselling & Supervision, PG Ad Prof Dip PC, MBACP
Hello and welcome!
Online Counselling only at this time. Combat anxiety, depression and isolation. Its good to talk! Book your free 20 minutes chat to see how best I can help you.
My journey to psychotherapy and counselling began 30 years ago from teaching yoga, meditation and spiritual philosophy. This created the interest in learning the deeper aspects of psychology which eventually led me to obtaining a diploma in Western psychotherapy.
I believe that my experience in both fields of spirituality and psychology has given me a unique opportunity to be able to access deeper layers of people's psyche in order to facilitate long-lasting positive change, self-healing and self-empowerment.
In my therapeutic work I work collaboratively with my clients and utilise both: creative-intuitive and rational approaches. These approaches are aimed at helping my clients to unlock stubborn patterns and issues that are blocking their experience of inner peace, contentment and positive relationship. I often draw on Jungian archetypes, dreams and imagination in order to bypass the rigidity of conscious mind and to enable access to the core layer of trauma or issue, as well as to help generate a more unique perspective and insight.
I describe myself as an Integrative Counsellor and draw on the variety of theoretical models such as Psychodynamic, Jungian, Gestalt, Trauma Release Focusing and CBT all of which are carefully selected to suit the unique needs of my clients and their specific issues.
What Do I offer?
- On-line|Skype| Telegram| Zoom| Video| Telephone counselling
- Individual Counselling & Psychotherapy |Face to Face|On-line
- Couple Counselling & Psychotherapy |Face to Face|On-line
- Mentoring & Spiritual Guidance Sessions |Face to Face|On-line
- Counsellor Supervision |Face to Face| On-line
- Stress Management Courses |Human Resources| Occupational Health|
What do I specialise in?
- General psychological disorders | depression| anxiety| low mood|emotional self-regulation
- Bereavement & Grief work
- Relationship issues| Assertiveness| Anger Management|
- Social Anxiety| Mild phobias
- PTSD trauma release work
- Work related stress| Work life balance
- Narcissistic personality disorder-NPD| dealing with a family member of NPD
- Historic traumas| abuse| mild addictions
- Exit Counselling | former cult & other religious| new age group establishments members
What modalities do I use?
- CBT/ MCBT
- Brief Psychodynamic Therapy(Mental scripts, defence mechanisms & relational dynamics)
- Jungian (Shadow work, dream states & archetypes)
- Sensory Therapy - Focusing (Physical Access to Trauma Release)
- Ego Psychology (Polarities, Opposites & Projections)
- Transaction Analysis (Child, Adult & Parental States)
- Gestalt Therapy (Now presence & body language)
- Brief Solution Focused Therapy
- Eastern Holistic (meditation, light body anatomy, healing and integration)
How can Counselling help you?
- You will have an opportunity to talk about your troubles with someone who is not involved in your personal life.
- You will be guided and encouraged to find your own answers.
- You may acquire different perspective and find new ways of looking at your problems.
- You may start facing your difficulties with more strengths and less anxiety.
- You may take more control of your life and make positive and constructive decisions.
Supervision - How do I work?
With my supervisees I utilise developmental, reflective learning and strengths-based models to help facilitate supportive and nurturing environment for their professional and personal development.
I believe in the power of collaborative approach where both: the supervisor and supervisee are engaged in a process of reflection, exploration, analysis, experimentation and review to further enhance their self-awareness and learning.
Confidential Professional Setting
The sessions are held in a confidential setting where you can discuss your issues or life dilemmas within safe environment.
Prior to the first face to face session I offer free telephone assessment to see if I can help you. You can contact me via the phone or e-mail. Please leave your name and telephone number and I will get back to you usually within 24 hours. At the end of the mini-assessment we would agree on our first session.
What Platform do I use for secure online counselling and video calls?
- What's up
- Encrypted E-mail
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced PG Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling - 2015-2016
- PG Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling - 2013-2014
- PG Diploma in Progressive Counselling - 2005-2008
- PG Diploma in Yoga, Meditation & Relaxation - 2004-2000
- PG Diploma in Energy Healing - 1998
- Train the Trainer, Agored Cymru - 2015
- Mental Health 1st Aid - 2010
- Mindfulness and Meditation Trainer - 2008
- CertED (UWE) - 2004
ico. registered (https://ico.org.uk/)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I also work with the following:
- Recurring issues with relationships
- Coping with partners/family members with narcissistic or borderline personality disorder
- Low sense of worth and self-esteem
- Perfectionism and fear of failure
- Anxiety, panic attacks and mild phobias
- Low to medium level addictions
- Complicated or historic grief and loss
- Obsessional Thinking
- Shame and Guilt
- Healing the wounded Inner Child work
- Self Defeating Behaviours and bad habits
- Anger Management
- Procrastination and feeling stuck and unfulfilled
- Looking for deeper answers
- Living with chronic pain
- Wishing to learn mindfulness, relaxation and meditation
All Therapy Sessions are 60 minutes | Supervision is 90 minutes | F2F
- £48 - Individual counselling session| 60 minutes
- £48 - Spiritual guidance|mentoring session| 60 minutes
- £70 - Couple counselling |90 min 1st session.
- £70 - Supervision session| 90 minutes
Online and Video Calls Counselling
- £44 - Individuals 60 min session
- £44 - Spiritual guidance & mentoring session
- £65 - Couple counselling 60 min session (1st session 90 min £97.50)
- £60 - Supervision 90 min session
How do I pay for my sessions?
- By Bank Transfer
- By PayPal
Fees for the first session following the initial assessment would need to be settled via bank transfer or PayPal 48 hours prior to the session commencement to confirm the booking. Subsequent session fees need to be made 48 hours prior to F2F session and 24 hours prior to online session to avoid automatic booking cancellation.
Please note any late cancellations (less than 24/48 hours) are subject to our cancellation policy. You can discuss it in more detail with me during our telephone consultation.
Through Counselling and Supervision I endeavour to:
- Facilitate deeper self-awareness and inner peace
- Facilitate positive sense of self and self-acceptance
- Enable emotional healing, mental clarity and balance
- Foster mental and emotional self-mastery
- Encourage personal growth and creativity
- Help shift perspective and view problems and challenges as tools for growth and self-empowerment
- Improve communication skills, boundaries and assertiveness
- Increase emotional vocabulary to enhance authentic self-expression
- Provide emotional and mental self-regulation tools