Ivama Zavina-Newman, Counselling & Supervision, PG Ad Prof Dip PC, MBACP
Hello and welcome!
My journey to psychotherapy and counselling began 30 years ago from teaching yoga, meditation and spiritual philosophy. This created the interest in learning the deeper aspects of psychology which eventually led me to obtaining a diploma in Western psychotherapy.
I believe that uniting spirituality and psychology gives us the opportunity to access deeper layers of our psyche and promotes self-awareness, empowerment and self-healing as well as enables us to create and sustain permanent changes in our lives.
I would describe myself as an Integrative Counsellor & Supervisor who draws upon various theoretical models that best suit the needs of clients & supervisees.
What Do I offer?
- Individual Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Couple Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Counsellor Supervision
- Stress Management Courses (Human Resources)
What do I specialise in?
- CBT/ MCBT
- Brief Psychodynamic Therapy(Mental scripts, defence mechanisms & relational dynamics)
- Jungian (Shadow work, dream states & archetypes)
- Sensory Therapy(Physical Access to Trauma Release)
- Ego Psychology (Polarities, Opposites & Projections)
- Transaction Analysis (Child, Adult & Parental States)
- Gestalt Therapy (Now presence & body language)
- Brief Solution Focused Therapy
- Eastern Holistic (Meditation, Reiki, Yoga Postures)
How can Counselling help you?
- You will have an opportunity to talk about your troubles with someone who is not involved in your personal life.
- You will be guided and encouraged to find your own answers.
- You may acquire different perspective and find new ways of looking at your problems.
- You may start facing your difficulties with more strengths and less anxiety.
- You may take more control of your life and make positive and constructive decisions.
Supervision - How do I work?
With my supervisees I utilise developmental, reflective learning and strengths-based models to help facilitate supportive and nurturing environment for their professional and personal development.
I believe in the power of collaborative approach where both: the supervisor and supervisee are engaged in a process of reflection, exploration, analysis, experimentation and review to further enhance their self-awareness and learning.
Confidential Professional Setting
The sessions are held in a confidential setting where you can discuss your issues or life dilemmas within safe environment.
Prior to the first face to face session I offer free telephone assessment to see if I can help you. You can contact me via the phone or e-mail. Please leave your name and telephone number and I will get back to you usually within 24 hours. At the end of the mini-assessment we would agree on our first session.
What Platform do I use for secure online counselling and video calls?
- What's up
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced PG Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling - 2015-2016
- PG Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling - 2013-2014
- PG Diploma in Progressive Counselling - 2005-2008
- PG Diploma in Yoga, Meditation & Relaxation - 2004-2000
- PG Diploma in Energy Healing - 1998
- Train the Trainer, Agored Cymru - 2015
- Mental Health 1st Aid - 2010
- Mindfulness and Meditation Trainer - 2008
- CertED (UWE) - 2004
ico. registered (https://ico.org.uk/)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I also work with the following:
- Recurring issues with relationships
- Coping with partners/family members with narcissistic or borderline personality disorder
- Low sense of worth and self-esteem
- Perfectionism and fear of failure
- Anxiety, panic attacks and mild phobias
- Low to medium level addictions
- Complicated or historic grief and loss
- Obsessional Thinking
- Shame and Guilt
- Healing the wounded Inner Child work
- Self Defeating Behaviours and bad habits
- Anger Management
- Procrastination and feeling stuck and unfulfilled
- Looking for deeper answers
- Living with chronic pain
- Wishing to learn mindfulness, relaxation and meditation
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Jungian therapy
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
All Therapy Sessions are 60 minutes; Supervision Sessions are 90 minutes
- £45 - Individuals
- £45 - Individuals via Skype/Whats Up/Online
- £70 - Couple Counselling (90 min 1st session; 60 min thereafter)
- £60 - Supervision (90 min session)
How do I pay for my sessions?
- By Bank Transfer
- By PayPal
Fees for the first session following the initial assessment would need to be settled via bank transfer or PayPal to confirm the booking. Subsequent fees need to be made two days (48 hours) prior to the commencement of the session.
Please note any late cancellations (less than 48 hours) are subject to our cancellation policy. You can discuss it in more detail with me during our telephone consultation.
Through Counselling and Supervision I endeavour to:
- Facilitate deeper self-awareness and inner peace
- Facilitate positive sense of self and self-acceptance
- Enable emotional healing, mental clarity and balance
- Foster mental and emotional self-mastery
- Encourage personal growth and creativity
- Help shift perspective and view problems and challenges as tools for growth and self-empowerment
- Improve communication skills, boundaries and assertiveness
- Increase emotional vocabulary to enhance authentic self-expression
- Provide emotional and mental self-regulation tools
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesdays 9 am - 6 pm Thursdays 9 am-6 pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|