Ivama Zavina-Newman PG Ad Prof Dip PC, MBACP, MNCS (Accred)
2 Nant Terrace
Sir Ynys Mon
29 Lloyd Street
My journey to psychotherapy and counselling began 20 years ago when I started working as an intuitive energy healer. I have always been interested in deeper aspects of life and my searching for life's meaning led me to explore spiritual dimensions, meditation and philosophies.
During this period of intensive soul searching and personal development I completed additional courses on mindfulness, meditation and yoga therapy and started working with individuals and groups as a wellbeing coach. In 2012 due to the in-depth nature of my work I felt the need to study psychology in greater depth which resulted in me completing an advanced diploma in psychotherapeutic counselling in 2016.
I believe that my experience in both fields of spirituality and psychology has given me a unique opportunity to see each person as a whole with body-mind and soul being one and I am able to utilise this principle during my counselling work with clients. I describe myself as an Integrative Counsellor and draw on the variety of theoretical models to suit the needs of my clients and their specific issues.
How Counselling can help you
- You will have an opportunity to talk about your troubles with someone who is not involved in your personal life.
- You will be guided and encouraged to find your own answers.
- You may acquire different perspective and find new ways of looking at your problems.
- You may start facing your difficulties with more strengths and less anxiety.
- You may take more control of your life and make positive and constructive decisions.
What do I specialise in?
My areas of specialty include depression, stress, anxiety, narcissistic personality disorders, issues with boundaries, low self-esteem, lack of self-worth, developmental life changes, bereavement, trauma, self-harm, mild to medium addictions, eating disorders, abuse, postnatal depression, adolescent depression (16+).
Confidential Professional Setting
The sessions are held in a confidential setting where you can discuss your issues or life dilemmas within safe environment.
Prior to the first face to face session I offer free telephone assessment to see if I can help you. You can contact me via the phone or e-mail. Please leave your name and telephone number and I will get back to you usually within 24 hours. At the end of the mini-assessment we would agree on our first session.
What Platform do I use for secure online counselling and video calls?
I use the platform called VSee that is securely designed and encrypted, so that only people who are in conversation can decrypt data passed via VSee.
You can get the VSee app for ipad and PC as well as for mobiles and androids. It is free of charge and you can download it here: https://vsee.com
I will send you an invite on VSee and once you have accepted my invite and downloaded the program on your device, we can work together very much like on Skype. If you have any questions or difficulties or would like further information on how VSee works, please let me know via email and we can discuss it.
Group Counselling and Depression Management training
As well as running my private counselling practice I also work as a free-lance trainer and counsellor for a leading charity specialising in delivering training and workshops on general psycho-education and effective management tools to combat depression and anxiety.
Successful contracts have been undertaken with local charities, private and public companies and organisations. The courses and workshops are tailor made to specific needs of the clients and involve topics on emotional intelligence, assertiveness, anger management, suicide awareness, improving work life balance and wellbeing, mindfulness and relaxation, and more. Please contact me for more details.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced PG Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling - 2015-2016
- PG Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling - 2013-2014
- PG Diploma in Progressive Counselling - 2005-2008
- PG Diploma in Yoga, Meditation & Relaxation - 2004-2007
- PG Diploma in Energy Healing - 1998
- Train the Trainer, Agored Cymru - 2015
- Mental Health 1st Aid - 2010
- EPP Cymru Trainer - 2012
- Mindfulness and Meditation Trainer - 2008
- CertED (UWE) - 2004
MNCS Accred (https://www.nationalcounsellingsociety.org/)
ico. registered (https://ico.org.uk/)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I also work with the following:
- Recurring issues with relationships
- Coping with partners/family members with narcissistic or borderline personality disorder
- Low sense of worth and self-esteem
- Perfectionism and fear of failure
- Anxiety, panic attacks and mild phobias
- Low to medium level addictions
- Complicated or historic grief and loss
- Obsessional Thinking
- Shame and Guilt
- Healing the wounded Inner Child work
- Self Defeating Behaviours and bad habits
- Anger Management
- Procrastination and feeling stuck and unfulfilled
- Looking for deeper answers
- Living with chronic pain
- Wishing to learn mindfulness, relaxation and meditation
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Jungian therapy
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
All Sessions are 50 minutes
- £45 - Individuals
- £60 - Couples
- £40 - Telephone/Online
- £40 - F/T students/PT students
- £40 - Concessions
How can I pay for my sessions?
- By Bank Transfer- Fees for the first session following the initial assessment would need to be settled via bank transfer to confirm the booking. Subsequent fees are to be made one day before or by 8am the latest on the day of the session.
- By Cash or Cheque - Fees for the first session would need to be paid via cheque prior to the commencement of the session. Subsequent fees are to be paid by cash or cheque at the beginning of each session.
- By PayPal - to send a payment via PayPal, you will be prompted to enter either my email or phone number. Please use the following details for Paypal payments:
email: email@example.com or 07784486565
Please note any late cancellations (less than 24 hours) are subject to our cancellation policy. You can discuss it in more detail with me during our telephone consultation.
Energy Healing work and Counselling / Psychotherapy
Counselling and Psychotherapy combine very well with energy work. Whilst spontaneous releases and emotional healing can occur during therapy sessions, additional energy healing and personal energy care sessions could greatly enhance the process of mental and emotional healing. If you would like to know more about how energy work could enhance your counselling and psychotherapy work, just mention it when we are having our mini telephone assessment/chat and I will be happy to discuss this topic with you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesdays 9am - 6pm Wednesdays 9am-2pm Thursdays 9am-6pm Fridays 9-2pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|