Ivama Zavina-Newman PG Ad Prof Dip PC, MBACP
My journey to psychotherapy and counselling began 22 years ago with my keen interest in Eastern and Western philosophies, psychology and yoga. During this period of intensive soul searching and personal development I completed teacher training courses in counselling, meditation and hatha yoga and started working with individuals and groups as a well-being coach and a yoga teacher. In 2013 due to the in-depth nature of my work I embarked on intensive study of humanistic psychology and graduated with Diploma in Psychotherapy & Counselling in 2016.
I believe that my experience in the fields of philosophy, spirituality and psychology has given me a unique opportunity to perceive each person in a holistic way and to utilise this principle during my counselling work. I describe myself as an Integrative Counsellor and draw on the variety of theoretical approaches to suit the needs of my clients and their specific issues.
How Counselling can help you
- You will have an opportunity to talk about your troubles with someone who is not involved in your personal life.
- You will be guided and encouraged to find your own answers.
- You may acquire different perspective and find new ways of looking at your problems.
- You may start facing your difficulties with more strengths and less anxiety.
- You may take more control of your life and make positive and constructive decisions.
What do I specialise in?
- Individual and Couple counselling
- Group Counselling
- CBT, Brief Psychodynamic Therapy (BPT), Jungian, Positive Psychology
Confidential Professional Setting
The sessions are held in a confidential setting where you can discuss your issues or life dilemmas within safe environment.
Prior to the first face to face session I offer free telephone assessment to see if I can help you. You can contact me via the phone or e-mail. Please leave your name and telephone number and I will get back to you usually within 24 hours. At the end of the mini-assessment we would agree on our first session.
What Platform do I use for secure online counselling and video calls?
I use the platform called VSee that is securely designed and encrypted, so that only people who are in conversation can decrypt data passed via VSee.
You can get the VSee app for ipad and PC as well as for mobiles and androids. It is free of charge and you can download it here: https://vsee.com
I will send you an invite on VSee and once you have accepted my invite and downloaded the program on your device, we can work together very much like on Skype. If you have any questions or difficulties or would like further information on how VSee works, please let me know via email and we can discuss it.
Skype counselling sessions are also offered.
Group Counselling and Depression Management training
As well as running my private counselling practice I also work as a free-lance trainer and counsellor for a leading charity specialising in delivering training and workshops on general psycho-education and effective management tools to combat depression and anxiety.
Successful contracts have been undertaken with local charities, private and public companies and organisations. The courses and workshops are tailor made to specific needs of the clients and involve topics on emotional intelligence, assertiveness, anger management, suicide awareness, improving work life balance and well-being, mindfulness and relaxation, and more. Please contact me for more details.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced PG Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling - 2015-2016
- PG Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling - 2013-2014
- PG Diploma in Progressive Counselling - 2005-2008
- PG Diploma in Yoga, Meditation & Relaxation - 2004-2007
- PG Diploma in Energy Healing - 1998
- Train the Trainer, Agored Cymru - 2015
- Mental Health 1st Aid - 2010
- EPP Cymru Trainer - 2012
- Mindfulness and Meditation Trainer - 2008
- CertED (UWE) - 2004
ico. registered (https://ico.org.uk/)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I also work with the following:
- Recurring issues with relationships
- Coping with partners/family members with narcissistic or borderline personality disorder
- Low sense of worth and self-esteem
- Perfectionism and fear of failure
- Anxiety, panic attacks and mild phobias
- Low to medium level addictions
- Complicated or historic grief and loss
- Obsessional Thinking
- Shame and Guilt
- Healing the wounded Inner Child work
- Self Defeating Behaviours and bad habits
- Anger Management
- Procrastination and feeling stuck and unfulfilled
- Looking for deeper answers
- Living with chronic pain
- Wishing to learn mindfulness, relaxation and meditation
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Jungian therapy
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
Photos & videos
All Sessions are 50 minutes
- £48 - Individuals
- £70 - Couples
- £48 - VSee/Skype/Online
- £44 - F/T students/PT students/Concessions
How can I pay for my sessions?
- By Bank Transfer
- By PayPal
Fees for the first session following the initial assessment would need to be settled via bank transfer to confirm the booking. Subsequent fees need to be made two days (48 hours) prior to the commencement of the session.
Please note any late cancellations (less than 48 hours) are subject to our cancellation policy. You can discuss it in more detail with me during our telephone consultation.
Trough Counselling and Psychotherapy I endeavour to:
- Facilitate deeper self-awareness and inner peace
- Enable emotional healing, mental clarity and balance
- Foster mental and emotional self-mastery
- Encourage personal growth and creativity
- Help shift perspective and view problems as tools for self-empowerment
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesdays 9 am - 6 pm Thursdays 9 am-6 pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|