Ivama Newman, Counselling & Supervision, MSc, PG Ad Prof Dip PC, MBACP
My journey to psychotherapy and counselling began 30 years ago during the extensive study of yoga, meditation, healing, and eastern philosophy. This led me to become a yoga and meditation teacher in order to assist others to find their way back 'home' to wholeness of body, mind, and spirit. Eventually I was led to a study of western psychology during which I obtained a diploma in psychotherapy & counselling. During these years I have become interested in new physics and its stark similarities with eastern philosophies.
My subsequent journey led me to a laywoman’s in-depth study of quantum physics [no formulas, please!] and a startling factual confirmation that at a sub-atomic level we are ‘waves’, ‘energy’, ‘light’, ‘information’, ‘energised intelligence’- yes, this is what the new physics discovered more than a 100 years ago. ‘Time’, ‘space’ and ‘matter’ are fluid concepts and do not exist as ‘fixed’ or 'solid' points/objects. Past/future travel, inter-dimensional travel, telepathy, higher sensory abilities- this is the inner organic technology we all possess. This discovery made me re-think my therapeutic work and delve deeper into humanity’s hidden galactic origins, forgotten traumatic history, and the forces that exist on our planet that are deliberately opposing humanity’s evolution and consciousness expansion, especially during the current spiritual awakening cycle, where majority of humanity have no idea that this is happening and have no context or tools to help them navigate safely during this time.
I am confident that my experience in both fields of spirituality, psychology, new physics, and ascension dynamics has given me a unique opportunity to be able to access deeper layers of human psyche in order to facilitate long-lasting positive changes, insights, self-awareness, and self-empowerment. The Greek term 'psykhē' is defined as 'mind', 'soul', 'spirit', 'life' and during therapy the clients are encouraged to discover, explore, and heal these layers within the context of our original blueprint, galactic history, and planetary invasion histories. For more information visit: https://ascensionglossary.com/index.php/Ascension
I describe myself as an Integrative Counsellor and draw on the variety of theoretical models such as Psychodynamic, Jungian, Gestalt, Trauma Release, Focusing, TA, Meditation guidance, and CBT - all of which are carefully selected to suit the unique needs of my clients and their specific issues.
How do I work?
In my therapeutic work I work collaboratively with my clients and utilise both: creative-intuitive and rational approaches. These approaches are aimed at helping my clients to unlock stubborn patterns and issues that are blocking their experience of inner peace, contentment, and positive relationship. I often draw on Jungian archetypes, dreams, and imagination in order to bypass the rigidity of conscious mind and to enable access to the core layer of trauma or issue, as well as to help generate a more unique perspective and insight.
What Do I offer?
- Individual counselling | F2F | On-line | Skype | Telegram | Zoom| Telephone.
- Couple Counselling | F2F | On-line.
- Supervision | Counsellor | Trainee Counsellor | F2F | On-line.
- Psycho/Spiritual guidance and crisis work and providing context and tools for memory retrieval and to re-align with the ascension timeline.
- Group Therapy | CBT | The Law of One principles in the workplace | PTSD | 1-2 Day Courses.
- 1-2 Day Courses | Stress Management | Personal Energy Management | Individually tailored to the needs of the organisation.
What do I specialise in?
- General psychological disorders | depression| anxiety| low mood | emotional self-regulation.
- Psycho/spiritual crises and providing tools and context for neurological clearing and healing.
- Bereavement & Grief work including circumstantial loss [job, body parts, opportunities etc.].
- Victims of Satanic Ritual Abuse [SRA], [excluding de-programming].
- Relationship issues| Psycho-education on couple dynamics| Assertiveness.
- Anger Management.
- Social Anxiety| Mild phobias| General anxiety| mild neurological issues.
- Medium to mild PTSD trauma release work.
- Work related stress| Work life balance.
- Narcissistic personality disorder-NPD| dealing with a family member of NPD.
- Borderline personality disorder [post DBT course attendees only].
- Historic traumas| sexual abuse | mild addictions.
- Exit Counselling | former cult & other religious organisations| New Age establishments | ex-cult members.
What modalities do I use?
- Brief Psychodynamic Therapy [Mental scripts, defence mechanisms & relational dynamics].
- Eastern Holistic [meditation, spiritual awakening, light body multidimensional anatomy, hidden galactic history individual and collective, healing, and integration]. More details here: https://krystalaegis.com/index.php
- Jungian [Shadow work, dream states & archetypes].
- Sensory Therapy - Focusing [Physical Access to Trauma Release].
- Ego Psychology [Polarities, Opposites & Projections].
- Transaction Analysis or TA [Child, Adult & Parental States].
- CBT/ MCBT/ Eastern Meditation guidance.
- Gestalt Therapy (Now presence & body language).
- Brief Solution Focused Therapy.
How can Counselling help you?
- You will have an opportunity to talk about your troubles with someone who is not involved in your personal life.
- You will be guided and encouraged to find your own answers and take charge of your life.
- You may acquire a different perspective and find new ways of looking at your problems.
- You may start facing your difficulties with more strengths and less anxiety.
- You may take more control of your life and make positive and constructive decisions.
- You will acquire greater context, understanding and tools to help you navigate during current times of spiritual awakening.
- You will acquire tools and support to assist you in negative ego clearing and emotional/mental self-regulation.
- You will acquire understanding of ‘addiction webbing’, ‘pain body’, ‘false bliss matrix’, ‘astral plane infiltration’, and tools to assist you in clearing them from your light body.
Supervision - How do I work?
With my supervisees I utilise developmental, reflective learning and strengths-based models to help facilitate supportive and nurturing environment your professional and personal development.
I believe in the power of collaborative approach where both: the supervisor and supervisee are engaged in a process of reflection, exploration, analysis, experimentation, and review to further enhance their self-awareness and learning.
Confidential Professional Setting
The sessions are held in a confidential setting where you can discuss your issues or life dilemmas within safe environment.
Prior to the first face to face session, I offer a free telephone assessment to determine if I can help you. You may contact me via the phone or e-mail. Please leave your name and telephone number and I will get back to you usually within 24-48 hours.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc Psychological Research .
- Advanced PG Professional Diploma in Psychotherapy & Counselling .
- PG Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling .
- PG Diploma in Spiritual Counselling .
- PG Diploma in Yoga, Meditation & Relaxation .
- PG Diploma in Energy /Spiritual Healing .
- Train the Trainer, Agored Cymru - 2015
- Mental Health 1st Aid - 2010
- CertED (UWE) - 2004
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I also work with the following:
- Recurring issues with relationships
- Coping with partners/family members with narcissistic or borderline personality disorder
- Low sense of worth and self-esteem
- Perfectionism and fear of failure
- Anxiety, panic attacks and mild phobias
- Low to medium level addictions
- Complicated or historic grief and loss
- Obsessional Thinking
- Shame and Guilt
- Healing the wounded Inner Child work
- Self Defeating Behaviours and bad habits
- Anger Management
- Procrastination and feeling stuck and unfulfilled
- Looking for deeper answers
- Living with chronic pain
- Wishing to learn mindfulness, relaxation and meditation
Free initial telephone session
Concessions offered for
F2F Therapy Sessions
- £48 - Individual counselling session| 60 minutes
- £80 - Couple counselling | 60 minutes | 1st session is 90 minutes
- £70 - Supervision session| 90 minutes
Online and Video Calls Counselling
- £44 - Individuals |60 min session
- £70 - Couple counselling | 60 min session | 1st Individual session | £44
- £60 - Supervision | 90 min session
How do I pay for my sessions?
- By Bank Transfer
- By PayPal
Fees for the first session following the initial assessment would need to be settled via bank transfer or PayPal 48 hours prior to the session commencement to confirm the booking. Subsequent session fees need to be made 48 hours prior to F2F session and 24 hours prior to online session to avoid automatic booking cancellation.
Please note any late cancellations (less than 24/48 hours) are subject to our cancellation policy. You can discuss it in more detail with me during our telephone consultation.
Currently Online or Telephone counselling only
[F2F clinic is running fortnightly on Thursdays]
Mondays 9 am - 6pm
Tuesdays 9 am - 6 pm
Thursdays 9 am-6 pm
Fridays 9 am -6 pm
Through Counselling and Supervision I endeavour to:
- Facilitate deeper self-awareness and inner peace
- Facilitate positive sense of self and self-acceptance
- Enable emotional healing, mental clarity and balance
- Foster mental and emotional self-mastery
- Encourage personal growth and creativity
- Help shift perspective and view problems and challenges as tools for growth and self-empowerment
- Improve communication skills, boundaries and assertiveness
- Increase emotional vocabulary to enhance authentic self-expression
- Provide emotional and mental self-regulation tools