Issy Murphy PG Dip Couns, MBACP
I am a person-centred therapist with a huge belief in the human ability to heal and grow given the right conditions. I see my role as that of a nurturing companion to help you unlock your own inner resources and support you to realise your potential. I feel hugely privileged to be invited by clients to accompany them as they explore and resolve their distress, often discovering who they really are in the process.
Trying to find the right therapist can feel a daunting prospect, particularly when you’re feeling vulnerable. I believe that the way in which I work is best experienced, rather than described, and so I welcome you to contact me to arrange a telephone call and/or meeting so you can assess whether I feel like the right therapist for you. There is no obligation to commit to therapy with me and I would encourage you to meet with a number of therapists before making a decision.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Counselling from the Norwich Centre for Counselling & Psychotherapy (this course is accredited by the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy);
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Counselling from the Norwich Centre for Counselling & Psychotherapy;
- Trained with and worked as a volunteer counsellor for Cruse Bereavement Care Specialists;
- Trained with and worked as a volunteer counsellor for Time Norfolk, specialists in Pregnancy Loss, through termination, miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy or stillbirth;
- I work as a volunteer counsellor with St Barnabas Counselling Centre;
- I work as a volunteer counsellor at 4Cs Counselling Centre;
- I work with clients of the local Sexual Assault Referral Centre (Harbour Centre);
- I work with corporate clients referred through Employee Assisted Programme;
- I have worked with a wide range of clients with diverse issues.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I also work with people struggling with life changes and those interested in personal development and growth.
Some people don't identify with specific areas for which others might come to counselling, however they have a sense that something isn't quite right in their life...they aren't happy, but want to be...they aren't fulfilled, but want to be... or they don't quite know who they really are and want to find out.
Whatever your reason for thinking about having counselling I'm happy to discuss this with you so we can decide if we are a 'good fit'.
Photos & videos
£45.00 for an hours session
£40.00 for clients who prefer a shorter session (50 mins)
£20.00 for initial meeting to see if working together is right for us both
Thank you so much for what you have done for me. The transformation is amazing. I am back in control of my life. #Happy Girl
I was apprehensive of starting counselling, but you're very reassuring and made me feel like my emotions and feelings are valid.
Issy was superb and I felt very comfortable talking to her about things that I haven't talked to other people about. She was very professional, but equally easy to be with and caring and remembered our past conversations well so we could really develop our sessions together.
Issy helped me understand and rethink situations in my past and present life that I felt very confused about. I felt very comfortable talking to her about personal things I wouldn't with anyone else. I want to thank Issy for all her help; I was a prisoner of my own fear and worry and she has helped me so much.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have some availability for new clients during business hours Monday-Friday.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|