Ioanna Matte, MSc, BSc (Hons) Psych, PgDip. Psych, RegUKCP
We often face challenges throughout life. You may want to seek support through counselling or psychotherapy because of
- feeling anxious and overwhelmed
- feeling isolated, depressed or even suicidal
- experiencing relationship problems
- being affected by abuse and traumatic experiences
- feeling lost or confused
- searching for better ways of relating to others, being your authentic self, and engaging with life
- chronic or severe health issues
- social, political, and economic factors affecting our lives with various and harmful consequences
I am a Person-Centred Counsellor/Psychotherapist and Psychologist based in Central London. I offer both short-term and long-term counselling and psychotherapy in English, Greek, or Spanish.
I offer a safe and confidential space to explore your difficulties and experiences. I intend to co-create with you a confidential and non-judgemental therapy relationship, in which you are accepted and understood. In this safe space, you can explore and make sense of your feelings, thoughts, aspects of your self or your experiencing that might have been hard to talk about before.
During therapy, you can have the opportunity to find answers to fundamental questions: Do you know who you are? Do you understand what’s happened to you? What do you want to change?
By gaining more understanding and acceptance of yourself, your circumstances, and your experiences, you are more likely to find your way forward and strive for a more meaningful life.
My practice is inclusive of all races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, ages, disabilities, and religious beliefs.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a qualified Counsellor/Psychotherapist and a Psychologist and have been a practicing counsellor and psychotherapist in London since 2010.
I work privately and in counselling services with adults dealing with a wide range of difficulties, individuals affected by domestic violence and trauma, and with the LGBTQI+ community.
My qualifications include:
- PostGraduate Clinical Diploma in Person-Centred Psychotherapy (Metanoia Institute, London, UK)
- Diploma/BA (Hons) in Person-Centred Counselling (Metanoia Institute, London, UK)
- MSc in Health Psychology (University of Southampton, UK)
- Psychology degree, First-class, honours (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece).
I frequently attend conferences, workshops, seminars, and trainings on a variety of issues and topics for my Continuous Professional Development.
Areas of experience:
- Anxiety and stress
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Relationship issues
- Suicidal thoughts/Self-harm
- Trauma/Post-traumatic growth
- Domestic violence/Sexual violence/Childhood abuse
- Gender, Sexual, and Relationship Diversities
- Coming out issues
- Gender and/or Sexual Identity
- Discrimination and Minority Stress
- Cultural displacement
- Chronic/Terminal Illness
- Workplace bullying
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Photos & videos
Fees are negotiable between £55 - £75 in Fleet Street, Central London.
Concessions are available for students (lowest fee £45). If my standard fees are not manageable, please feel free to discuss this with me.
Session length is usually 50 minutes, unless otherwise agreed with clients.
Sessions take place in a comfortable room in Central London, near Holborn, Chancery Lane, Blackfriars, and St Paul’s tube stations.
I also offer sessions on Saturday mornings until 2pm.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Greek; Spanish|
Evening and Saturday sessions also available.
Types of client