Stresed? Depressed? Anxious? Panic Attacks? I have over 13 years experience of working with people to support them in managing a wide range of mental health issues, as well as being a counsellor.
I understand talking to a stranger can feel scary, especially about your mental health. Counselling is about being listened to and accepted, as you are. I am not here to judge you or tell you what to do.
Often people come to a counsellor when they know something feels wrong, but can't seem to sort it out. They are facing challenges in their life but talking to family or friends isn't helping, and they are feeling lonely and lost.
Here, with me, you can step away from your day-to-day life and give yourself the space you need to look at what's going on for you.
We have as much time as you want to look at what might not be working for you any more and explore how you feel, think and behave so you are able to find your own solutions to move forward.
I don't believe in "one size fits all" counselling so I trained as an integrative counsellor, which means I work with a variety of approaches so we can tailor your counselling to your needs.
I specialise in working with:
- a wide range of mental health issues including stress, anxiety and depression
- university students (I am a university mental health mentor)
- problems at work (I have a Post Graduate Diploma in Organisational Psychology and several years experience of supporting people with work issues e.g. stress at work, work relationships, communication at work)
- difficulties in relationships
I offer both short and long-term counselling, based on what my clients feel they need. New clients are very welcome to come for a 50 minute introductory session for £10.00, so you can get a feel for how I work and we can see how I can help you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Counselling Theory & Skills, NCFE Level 2 Award in Helping Skills, NCFE Level 1 Award in Interpersonal Skills
- Trauma and Recovery Training
- Attachment, Attachment Disorder, Trauma and Recovery Training
- Trauma Informed Practice, Attachment and Endings Training
- Severe and Complex Trauma and Dissociation Training
- Suicide Prevention Training
- Psycho-sexual Therapy Training
- Internet Porn and Young People Training
- LGBTQ Basic Awareness Training
- Anger Management Training
- Shame and it's effect on relationships Training
- Men Get Eating Disorders Too Training
- Age UK Counsellor
- As You Are Counsellor
- I hold a full DBS check
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
I charge £46 an hour and have a limited number of lower cost places for those on limited incomes.
Daytime, evening and weekend appointments are available on request.
I work from peaceful rooms in the Hanover area of Brighton and off New Church Road in Hove. They both have parking nearby and are near frequent bus services.