Psychotherapist, BABCP accredited
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
PSYCHOTHERAPIST ILKNUR SAHIN
I am a BABCP accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (CBT), Compassionate Mind Trainer (CFT) and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) practitioner with more than 10 years of experience working within the NHS and in private practice. I provide solution focused and goal-oriented psychotherapy to help people better make sense and manage their difficulties, overcome emotional suffering and help them live a meaningful and happy life.
I have reached out to people from all walks of life with different life challenges. I recognise that everyone is unique and important and I respect you for seeking support as it can be tough talking about things that are emotionally and physically painful. I will not judge you on your past or the things you do, say or feel. I am aware that you are the expert of your problem and I will be there for you to overcome it.
With my non-judgemental, accepting and compassionate stance, I hope to offer you a platform where you feel safe and comfortable to share your difficulties that cause you pain and distress now. I believe in empowering and encouraging people to see their strengths and resilience to start their journey of recovery.
Issues I can help you with:
- Low mood and Stress
- Low self-esteem or confidence issues
- Anti/Post Natal Depression
- Work Related Problems
- Panic Disorder
- Panic attacks
- Agoraphobia (with or without panic attacks)
- Specific Phobia (e.g. fear of animals, heights, seeing blood, being in confined spaces, driving or flying)
- Social Anxiety
- Performance Anxiety
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder [GAD] (Over-worrying)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder [OCD]
- Health Anxiety [Hypochondria]
- Long Term Chronic Health Conditions
- Adjustment Disorders (after a significant change/loss)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder [PTSD]
- Childhood Trauma (Emotional Neglect, Physical / Sexual /Psychological Abuse)
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications:
- 2005- 2009 BSc Psychology (2:1 Upper Second-Class Honours)
- 2010-2011 Post Graduate Certificate in Psychological Wellbeing Practice
- 2014-2015 Post Graduate Diploma in CBT (BABCP Accredited Course)
- June 2017 Introduction to Theory and Practice of Compassion Focused Therapy
- April 2019 EMDR Part 1 Training with EMDR Works, accredited by EMDR Europe and EMDR Association UK & Ireland
- Sept 2019 EMDR Part 2 Training with EMDR Works, accredited by EMDR Europe and EMDR Association UK & Ireland
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)
The BABCP is the lead organisation for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in the UK.
Membership is open to anyone with an interest in the practice, theory or development of CBT. BABCP also provides accreditation for CBT therapists.
BABCP accredited members adhere to the Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics in the Practice of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies, and are willing to be scrutinised in this adherence as required.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Psycho-social problems as a result of childhood trauma; emotional neglect; psychological; physical ; sexual abuse.
Concessions offered for
- Face to face 50 minutes Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) or Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) sessions £95
- Online/Telephone 50 minutes Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) or Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) sessions £75
- Face to Face EMDR (Part 1: Preparation phase) 50 minutes £95
- Face to face EMDR (Part 2: Actual EMDR procedure) 80 minutes £140
- Online/Telephone EDMR (Part 1: Preparation phase) 50 minutes £75
- Online EMDR ((Part 2: Actual EMDR procedure) 80 minutes £110
- Fees are negotiable if booked as part of the wellbeing package or low on income
Registered and accepted insurance:
Aetna; AXA PPP Healthcare; AVIVA; Vitality Health Insurance
When I work
Weekends, weekdays and evenings sessions available. I am willing to be flexible to accommodate your preference.
- I offer one to one therapy for adults over 18 years of age
- I offer face to face, telephone or online sessions
- I offer evening and weekend sessions
- I am fluent in and can provide therapy in Turkish language if requested
- I have professional indemnity insurance
- I comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to keep all your details safe and secure.
Your first appointment will be an assessment. This is your opportunity to express your difficulties, expectations, hopes and goals for therapy. I will also ask you about your earlier life experiences to better understand your world. Your assessment is also a chance for you to ask further questions and most importantly get a sense for whether you can be comfortable with me as the relationship you develop with your therapist is crucial on the way to your recovery and healing.
If you agree to work together, I will explain and guide you to choose the most effective therapy option depending on your goal for therapy. I will explain what to expect; the length of therapy depends on a number of factors including what type of therapy you want, your goals, how long you have been struggling with your difficulties, how much commitment you give to the sessions as well as completion of tasks given to you to work on between sessions. We will regularly review and monitor your progress to ensure the sessions are effective.
Therapy sessions are usually on a weekly basis and each session is 50 to 90 minutes long depending on the type of therapy you choose.