Hyunho Khang UKCP (Reg), MBACP (Accred), MA (Psych), Adv Dip (Psych)
You may be in the midst of a crisis, looking for resolution around a particular issue, feeling dissatisfied with life or in need of a space to unburden your thoughts and feelings in a safe setting.
I have experience working with a diverse range of clients struggling with depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, loss, grief, anger issues, confidence issues, relationship difficulties, issues at work, addiction, eating issues, abuse, trauma and autism. I have a particular interest in working with clients affected by narcissism, whether through relatives, partners, colleagues or culture. I also have experience working with clients with somatic problems including pain, chronic fatigue, ME, irritable-bowel-syndrome and fibromyalgia.
Making the first step is often the most difficult, and yet for many clients, making contact with a therapist, in confidence, marks a threshold. A moment where we begin to build towards a positive future. Please contact me to arrange an initial consultation.
Training, qualifications & experience
In addition to my psychotherapy private practice, I am Lead Counsellor and Counselling Manager at Newport Mind and have previously coordinated a counselling service for the NHS. I am a trainer and assessor on MA and Foundation psychotherapy training programmes. I have previously sat on the editorial panel for the e-journal Contemporary Psychotherapy.
- I'm an accredited member of both the UKCP and BACP
- MA and Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy, The Minster Centre (validated by Middlesex University)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills, WPF Therapy (validated by University of Roehampton)
- OCN NVQ Level 3: Sane mental health training (endorsed by the Royal College of Psychiatrists)
- I have attended further training with Bristol Psychotherapy Association, Gwent Mental Health Consortium, YoungMinds and Shape Arts Disability
- I pursue ongoing training, learning, and personal growth as part of my commitment to the challenge and enjoyment of working with the complexities of the human psyche
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Initial consultations and weekly sessions: last 50 mins and cost £60.
I accept referrals from GPs, private healthcare and Employee Assistance Programmes.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I see clients weekdays 0900-1800, please check for current availability.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|