Life sometimes has a way of overwhelming us, through a range of different ways, and you don't have to handle that on your own.
Through active listening, I offer a space where we can hold and explore that together.
I will help you go through your feelings, behaviour and struggles and hopefully this will give you a better understanding of yourself.
- I come from an existential psychology background but have spent a lot of time practicing psychoanalytically (childhood trauma and relationships).
- I believe that each client is an individual and has unique needs and perspectives.
- I therefore use a combination of different modalities to tailor my therapy to your needs and support you
- I work in a non-judgemental, caring and compassionate way and want this to be a space where you feel listened to.
What happens after you make contact?:
- Before our initial session, I will send you a referral form to understand what you want to address (this can be an email from you telling me what you want to work on).
- We book in one non-committal session where you can see whether you would like to go ahead with treatment.
- Your time and schedule matters, so we can flexibly explore how you would like our sessions to proceed.
- if this is via zoom, I will send you the link ahead of schedule and notify you of this.
- I will send you the contract agreement for the following session and we can book our sessions together.
- My sessions are usually on a weekly basis but this is flexible and we can explore alternative options during our first session.
Training, qualifications & experience
With over 12 years experience, I have expert knowledge in working with a multitude of concerns and shaping therapy to your needs.
I have worked with the NHS and with non-profit organisations so have knowledge of both private and public sector systems.
I am BACP accredited as a Talking Therapist and also a Graduate member of the BPS.
I have studied at University of West London. I am with the New School of Psychotherapy and Counselling, joint with Middlesex University.
- BSc undergraduate degree in Psychology (Hons)
- Graduate Diploma in Counselling
- Graduate Diploma in Animal Psychology
- DCPsych in Counselling Psychology and Psychotherapy (pending)
I have conducted research on the 'other race effect', own race bias and have looked at Eye Witness Testimony.
I am currently researching the impact of the media on identity and social and cultural issues.
As a Drug and Alcohol Practitioner, I currently support people with Addictions and the conflict that their use may be related to. I also provide short term therapy with the NHS.
Some of the fields I have previously worked with include:
- Forensic Mental Health
- Anger Management
- Domestic Violence
- Relationship issues
- Childhood trauma
Integrative Therapy offered
- Psychoanalysis, Attachment based and relational focussed
- Existential Psychotherapy
- Humanistic and Person-centred
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Mindfulness
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I also offer cultural and religious based counselling
Please email me for further information or any queries
If you are interested in sessions or would like further information, please email.
Long term and short term therapy sessions available.
British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Individual membership
British Psychological Society Graduate Membership (BPS): MBPsS
Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) registered: ZB052044