Hugo MacOscar - Accredited Counsellor and Qualified Supervisor
- As an integrative therapist, I work with a wide range of issues. As an Accredited Practitioner and member of The National Counselling Society I practice across a wide range of situations providing, Counselling, (Individual and Group),Coaching and Mediation. I also provide Training/Facilitation in a number of "Health and Well Being" areas for Private, Corporate, Educational and Community organisations.
I have provided Suicide Awareness Training for the N.Ireland Public Health Agency as well as Spiritual Direction/Retreats for Churches,Schools and Parishes. My work requires me to be adaptable across a number of different fields enabling me to provide a personal yet professional service to those I work with.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 6 Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling Supervision
- B Ed. Degree Drama,
- M.A. Educational Management,
- UUJ Degree in Counselling,
- Level 3 Motivational Interviewing,
- OCN Level 3 Mediation,
- OCN Level 3 Working with Drug and Alcohol Issues,
- Working with The Inner Child,
- Primary Movement,
- ASSIST Suicide Training,
- Train the Trainer in Self Harm,
- Train the Trainer in Suicide Prevention,
- Working with Gay and Lesbian Issues,
- KASH- Kids Alcohol and Sexual Health,
- OCN Level 2 Parental Support and Guidance,
- Working with Bereaved Clients,
- Working withThe Inner Child,
- Working Effectively with Young "Users",
- Talking Teenagers,
- Misuse of Prescribed Drugs,
- Working with Children with Special Needs.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Price on asking per 50 Minute Session
Generally available daily from 9.30am - 5.00pm Tues-Fri Evening sessions currently not available.
I have been working with people my entire working life,something I see as a tremendous privilege.This, often humbling experience, has allowed me to learn as much about myself as those I work with. There is something very fulfilling in being trusted with the inner worlds of another human being.
My approach to working with clients....
Being an Integrative therapist with a person-centred approach to working with people, I believe we all have the resources within ourselves to identify changes we need to make while also possessing the inner resilience, energy and abilities to do so.
Strongly rooted in the humanistic school,I believe that it is never too late to be what you might have become and do my best to ensure that I work with all my clients in a safe, non-judgemental and and discrete fashion.
In order to do this l integrate a range of therapeutic counselling theories and skills in a unique way so as to meet the individual needs of the client, couple or family I am working with. These include CBT, Psychodynamic Therapy skills, Transactional Analysis, Mindfulness, EFT, Gestalt or the core conditions of Humanism.
Assurance to all ....
I offer all clients supportive, confidential and non-judgmental space to explore and tackle your issues and enable long-lasting life changes.
I am an Accredited member of The National Counselling Society and work strictly within the BACP ethical code of practice.
In order for you to make permanent changes in your life, I offer myself as a therapeutic facilitator . . . working alongside you, being curious with you about yourself, and helping you ask and answer core questions to get to the heart of what may be causing your difficulties and concerns.