Hugo MacOscar - Accredited Counsellor and Qualified Supervisor
116 Five Mile Straight
- As an integrative therapist, I work with a wide range of issues. As an Accredited Practitioner and member of The National Counselling Society I practice across a wide range of situations providing, Counselling, (Individual and Group),Coaching and Mediation. I also provide Training/Facilitation in a number of "Health and Well Being" areas for Private, Corporate, Educational and Community organisations.
I have provided Suicide Awareness Training for the N.Ireland Public Health Agency as well as Spiritual Direction/Retreats for Churches,Schools and Parishes. My work requires me to be adaptable across a number of different fields enabling me to provide a personal yet professional service to those I work with.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 6 Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling Supervision
- B Ed. Degree Drama,
- M.A. Educational Management,
- UUJ Degree in Counselling,
- Level 3 Motivational Interviewing,
- OCN Level 3 Mediation,
- OCN Level 3 Working with Drug and Alcohol Issues,
- Working with The Inner Child,
- Primary Movement,
- ASSIST Suicide Training,
- Train the Trainer in Self Harm,
- Train the Trainer in Suicide Prevention,
- Working with Gay and Lesbian Issues,
- KASH- Kids Alcohol and Sexual Health,
- OCN Level 2 Parental Support and Guidance,
- Working with Bereaved Clients,
- Working withThe Inner Child,
- Working Effectively with Young "Users",
- Talking Teenagers,
- Misuse of Prescribed Drugs,
- Working with Children with Special Needs.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Price on asking per 50 Minute Session
I have been working with people my entire working life,something I see as a tremendous privilege.This, often humbling experience, has allowed me to learn as much about myself as those I work with. There is something very fulfilling in being trusted with the inner worlds of another human being.
My approach to working with clients....
Being an Integrative therapist with a person-centred approach to working with people, I believe we all have the resources within ourselves to identify changes we need to make while also possessing the inner resilience, energy and abilities to do so.
Strongly rooted in the humanistic school,I believe that it is never too late to be what you might have become and do my best to ensure that I work with all my clients in a safe, non-judgemental and and discrete fashion.
In order to do this l integrate a range of therapeutic counselling theories and skills in a unique way so as to meet the individual needs of the client, couple or family I am working with. These include CBT, Psychodynamic Therapy skills, Transactional Analysis, Mindfulness, EFT, Gestalt or the core conditions of Humanism.
Assurance to all ....
I offer all clients supportive, confidential and non-judgmental space to explore and tackle your issues and enable long-lasting life changes.
I am an Accredited member of The National Counselling Society and work strictly within the BACP ethical code of practice.
In order for you to make permanent changes in your life, I offer myself as a therapeutic facilitator . . . working alongside you, being curious with you about yourself, and helping you ask and answer core questions to get to the heart of what may be causing your difficulties and concerns.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Generally available daily from 9.30am - 5.00pm Tues-Fri Evening sessions currently not available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Over the years I have amassed a wealth of experience in the training and development of those I have had the privilege to have worked alongside.