Henzy Tanrien-Sawyer (Dip.Couns)
A warm welcome to my profile. I am an experienced qualified Integrative Therapeutic Counsellor and a member of (BACP) and (NCS). visit my website to find out more details: https://www.htsawyercs.com
- I offer an affordable low-cost counselling service tailored to your needs. Life's issues can sometimes be confusing or filled with obstacles, thoughts and feelings that may sometimes seem unclear.
- You may be feeling and experiencing a host of emotional and psychological distresses such as: guilt, anger, shame, depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, relationships or family issues, conflicts, abuse, trauma, bereavement or simply just need to talk.
- You may be struggling to live up to the expectations of others which may feel overwhelming or a burdened too much to bear. I am here for you to help you find a new way forward.
- Together, we can form a healthy therapeutic working relationship with warmth as I guide you through your counselling journey. Being with you every step of the way so you don't feel alone. Listening to what my clients say without judgement is very important to me. Why not book your free initial telephone assessment today.
- I provide Face to Face therapy, Online video and Telephone counselling in the Bromley borough, Southeast London and its surroundings areas.
- I am here to listen to you and accept you without any judgement with warmth because you are a unique individual.
- I provide a safe and confidential therapeutic environment explore your thoughts and feelings and support you in achieving your goals.
- Together we shall work to try and get a sense of your needs whilst I apply a range of counselling skills and therapeutic approaches such as Humanistic (Person Centred) & Psychodynamic Approaches, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Transactional Analysis (TA), Solution Focus Brief Therapy (SFBT), Expressive Art & Play therapy and Creative Therapy, to give us more understanding of your presenting problem tailored to best suit your needs.
I can support you in therapy sessions to address issues such as
- Abuse, Anger, Anxiety, Trauma, Self-Harm, Bereavement & Loss
- Depression, Stress & PTSD, Low-Self-Esteem
- Bullying & Rejection, Cultural and Identity issues
- Relationship & Family issues, Domestic & Financial abuse
- Disability & Health relate issues
- Couples counselling & Marital issues
- Christian counselling
- Men & Women issues
- Work related issues & Personal Development.
I offer short and long term counselling sessions with a free initial telephone assessment lasting up to 15 minutes. Why not take a few minutes to visit my website to see what counselling is about and what else is on offer for you today.
Training, qualifications & experience
My experience of clients wanting to feel heard and listened to over the last two decades paved the way for me to leave social care, retrain and work as a professional counsellor which I am passionate about as I am offering vulnerable people support with their mental health issues.
My counselling qualifications are cpcab Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling, ncfe Diploma in Mental Health & Social Care, ncfe Dysfunctional Family Counselling Certificate, cpcab Intermediate in Counselling Skills Certificate.
I also attend regular training and take up courses as part of my continued professional development some of which include:
CBT Level 5, Family Systems Therapy, Introduction to Couples Counselling, Certificate in Online & Telephone Counselling, Introduction to GDPR - Data Protection, Self-harm, Bereavement, Safeguarding Vulnerable Children & Adults Level 1-3, Working with Shame, Working with Young People and Attachment Theory.
In 2018, I volunteered both in Adult and Children agency settings counselling adults and children. I enjoyed working in the voluntary sector for several years where I was recognised in 2005 in the London Borough of Islington for contributing positively towards changing lives and providing mental and emotional support to families, adults, children and young people which helped improved and made a difference to their individual lives and community.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
PAYMENTS: All payments should be made in advance and by Bank Transfer/ BACS. Full payment would need to be paid 48 hours before your session.
Book now for a free 15 minutes initial assessment.
Concessions offered for
Covid-19 update: Face to Face session: Clients requiring face to face talking therapy must wear a face covering during their sessions and use hand sanitisers when necessary. The therapy room would be properly ventilated and thoroughly cleaned before and after each therapy session.