Sometimes your road may feel a bit wobbly and talking with your therapist can help you to regain your strength.
What you learn about yourself and the life skills you acquire in therapy will be useful in times of stress and crisis you may be experiencing now and in the future. It is also helpful to deal with past difficulties and trauma that may still affect how you feel about yourself and your life today and the decisions you make.
Your family and friends may not always know and understand exactly how you feel and think. Your therapist has many years of training and experience to work professionally with you.
Through the therapeutic relationship some people find a handful of sessions help them with an immediate challenge whereas many others benefit from longer term talking therapy for overall personal development, growth and resilience building.
Over the course of time subconscious beliefs that unknowingly influence a person's behaviour and decisions are identified and explored. This provides an opportunity for you to understand and be aware of those unconscious processes and to change them so that you can make healthier and better decisions for you.
The therapy session is your time to verbalise, visualise and change.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MA (Psychotherapy), Middlesex University.
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy, London Hypnotherapy Academy.
- Hons BA (Psychology), University of South Africa.
- BA (Health Sciences and Social Services with specialisation in psychological counselling), University of South Africa.
- Training and volunteer counselling with Place2Be, London.
- Training and volunteer counselling with LifeLine, Johannesburg.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
£60 per session.
A special rate may be offered depending on circumstances.
Please email me to check availability and make an appointment for an introductory session.
I practice mainly near the Putney Bridge station.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||English, Afrikaans|
Types of client