H. Claire Millar Bsc (Hons) MBACP Psychotherapeutic Counsellor
I am a psychotherapist and psychotherapeutic counsellor with an MSc from the Metanoia Institute, London.
We all experience challenging times in our lives: it takes bravery and honesty to accept that you need a guiding-hand to help you through this.
Together we can explore - gently and at your own pace - the issues that are troubling you. The aim is to enable you to acknowledge and fully understand difficulties in your past, so that you can fulfill your current needs and desires and face the future with confidence and a sense of security.
I will help you identify the solutions to your problems - but they will be your solutions.
I have experience of working with adults both individual and couples, short-term or longer term as required.
I have worked with a wide range of psychological and emotional issues including those arising from bereavement to various forms of addiction, anxiety and depression, grief and loss, panic attacks, trauma and abuse, relationship problems, neglect or abandonment. Additionally, I have worked long-term with clients with more complex emotional issues exhibiting traits of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder and Schizoid Disorder.
For 10 years I was a Samaritan, holding a senior position in my local branch. As such I am experienced in addressing suicidal thoughts and self-harm. I have found that a lack of self-esteem lies at the heart of many problems.
I would be very happy to meet you for an initial session, to enable you to judge if I am the right counsellor for you. I am located in Guildford and offer sessions during weekdays, evening or at the weekend to suit your needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy (Metanoia Institute)
- Certified Transactional Analyst (CTA)
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Metanoia Institute)
- BSc Hons (Surrey University)
- Registered member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP)
- Member of the International Association of Relational Transactional Analysis (IARTA)
- Member of the European association of Transactional Analysis (EATA)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Child related issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
My fee is £55 for an individual session of 50 minutes.
Couples sessions are 75 minutes at £70.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client