Helen Leach, Dip. Couns. MBACP (Accred)
I was trained as an integrative therapist, which has enabled me to explore several different approaches to therapy. During my time in practice, I have become aware that no single approach works for everyone. I, therefore, work alongside my clients in finding the best approach for them.
We all experience different kinds of challenges in life, and what may be difficult for one person, may not be to another. We must all learn not to judge our experiences by those of others. If you are struggling to manage emotions and thoughts, this is when therapy can help.
As an integrative therapist, I will work with you to explore the most effective way for you to engage in therapy. Through gaining a new understanding of life's issues, this will lead to an increased sense of confidence, a greater sense of control in life, a restored sense of identity, and consequently a fuller, happier life.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Diploma in Counselling Children and Young People
- Postgraduate Certificate in Advocacy for Victims of Sexual Violence (University of Worcester)
- Level 3 Certificate for Professionals Working in the Sexual Violence Sector
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education (University of Central Lancashire)
Continuing Professional Development:
- Trauma Focused CBT for Children and Young People (Anna Freud Centre)
- Youth Mental Health First Aider (MHFA England)
- Working Together to Safeguard Children
- Safeguarding Adults
- Mindfulness in Relation to Person Centred Practice
I have experience of working with a range of issues, however the majority of my work is focused around adult trauma and childhood trauma. I have worked for a charity for 8 years that supports survivors of sexual abuse, and have spent 5 of those years managing and delivering the children's counselling service.
In 2016 I was awarded the The Vicky Bardsley Prize: Oustanding Achievement by an Independent Sexual Violence Advocate (ISVA) Supporting Children & Young People by Lime Culture for my work with children and young people.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Photos & videos
60 minute session: £45.
I am based in the Ashton and Makerfield Area, and offer a free half an hour telephone consultation. This is so we can discuss if I am the right therapist for you, and to see if I can offer you what you need. If you would like more information please email me. I aim to respond to emails within 24 hours, with the exception of weekends.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evening appointments.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|