07952 717 951
With over 10 years of therapeutic experience, I am a fully registered member of the BACP and CPCAB, as an individual counsellor and psychotherapist. I am further trained in body therapy (USA), couples and family therapy and psychodynamic psychotherapy (UK) and have over 25 years experience of working with children, parents and adults with wide-ranging issues, from a diversity of cultures and backgrounds.
My main experience is working with children, young people and adults who experience childhood and current abuses and discriminations, depression and anxiety, self-harm and suicidality, autism, addictions, eating disorders, psychoses and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Please contact me to have a friendly, safe and confidential chat to find out how I can best help you. I will offer you a consultation to meet and discuss your therapeutic needs and if necessary a further appointment or two, when you and I can further think about the best way forward for you. If you and I decide to work together, we can set a regular time to meet. Otherwise, I will help you to think of the most helpful alternative.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA Hons Philosophy and Theology, University of London (1988-91).
- I initially trained and set up a Counselling service in a Mind/NHS day centre for adults with personality issues (1999-2002).
- MA Psychology of Religion, University of London (2004-6).
- Two-year psychoanalytic infant observation (M7) PG Diploma in Psychoanalytic Observation Studies, Tavistock and Portman NHS (2007-9).
- Marie Curie Hospice, once weekly therapy with children and adults, who had lost a significant person to cancer (2010-6).
- Foundation course, Institute of Psychoanalysis (2011).
- PG Certificate in Applied Social Sciences (Safeguarding), UEL (2012).
- Interpersonal psychotherapy, UCL and Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust (2013).
- Family therapy (Graduate Certificate) Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience, Kings College, London (2012-14).
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy, Westminster Pastoral Foundation (2013-15).
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling, Lambeth College (2016-18).
- Fully registered MBACP, CPCAB (2002, 2018).
- Mentalisation-based therapy training, UCL (2018).
- MSc Psychology, University of Roehampton (2017-19).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I offer a sliding scale of fees, depending on your circumstances. Please ask for further details.
Please contact me with any manner of issues and I will do what I can to help you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday: 7am-9pm Saturday and Sunday: 8am-9pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|