Helen Gaynor BA (Hons), MBACP @ Sheemore Counselling
At times we can all get lost and life can feel overwhelming, with us struggling to get the people whom we love and trust to understand our inner feelings. As a qualified person-centred counsellor I can offer an empathic, open, safe environment enabling you to explore those feelings, allowing you to better understand them and helping you to reconnect with you inner values and sense of self-worth.
What to expect
An initial assessment is required to enable us to discuss your goals of counselling and the ways in which I work. This will allow us both to establish if we can work together and is an important part of the therapeutic relationship going forward.
Sessions are offered on a weekly basis and lasts 50 minutes. Parking facilities are available without charge and there are local bus routes close by making accessibility trouble-free.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA Hons Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Foundation Degree in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Domestic Violence and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Working Creatively with Anger Workshop
- Changing minds in therapy; the way forward?
- Clients who have Psychological Disorders and Mental Heath Issues
- Clients who Misuse Drugs and Alcohol
- Counselling & Psychotherapy with clients who have been abused
- Creative approaches to working with clients
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Each 50 minute session is charged at a rate of £45. Fees can be negotiated during your initial assessment depending on each individual circumstance. Assessements are charged at £15 for 40 minutes.
My experiences include, working within a charity based organisation for the past 5 years and establishing my own private practice based at the Meridian Centre, Birmingham.
At times we can all face difficulties and through my work, I have experience of working with depression, abuse, self-harm, mental health issues, PTSD, anxiety, relationship issues along with other issues individuals face.
As a qualified and registered BACP person-centred counsellor and psychotherapist, I work within the BACP Ethical Framework and am fully insured. I am currently working towards accreditation and within my private practice I can offer long and short term counselling, dependant on your individual needs.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday - 10:00 - 19:00 Saturday - 10:00 - 16:00
Types of client