Hi my name is Helen Burrows,
Just a phone call away, based in Carrbrook near Stalybridge. I am an empathetic and approachable, fully insured and accredited professional Counsellor providing a personal service. I adhere to government guidelines in respect to Covid - 19 rules. Offering face to face appointments, phone or video call. I offer an initial free phone consultation.
I feel passionately about helping people through difficult times, as well as helping individuals to reach their personal goals. I appreciate that sometimes life is a struggle and from time to time it can be difficult to move forward. I offer an approach which is non judgemental and which helps individuals to explore their thoughts, feelings and emotions. I use different theory models appropriate to the clients needs. Counselling gives individuals the time and space to gain different perspectives and work through any presenting problems,helping them to move forward.
I have experience of Counselling clients with a wide range of issues some of which include:
- Stress and Anxiety,
- Relationship and Family Issues,
- Anger Management
- Confidence/Low Self Esteem.
Other issues I deal with are listed further down the page.
I am DBS (CRB) checked and I have regular clinical supervision. My practice is based locally in the Tameside area, and home visits can be arranged locally dependent on Covid guidelines
I have previously worked for 20 years in the National Health Service in Pathology. In addition, I work in the voluntary sector at the Women's Centre in Ashton, and most recently was employed by a local organisation offering support to individuals and families suffering from drug, alcohol abuse and mental health issues. I am also qualified in:
- Indian Head Massage,
- Arm, Hand, Leg and Foot massage,
You are welcome to contact me on 07557684213 or by sending me a message here.
Training, qualifications & experience
- AIM Awards level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling Ad Dip PC
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills
- BSY Diploma Indian Head Massage (ABC Level 3)
- Practitioners Diploma in Hand, Arm, Leg and Foot Massage
- Grief and Bereavement
- Confidence and Self Esteem(12 week rolling programme)
- Adverse Childhood Experience(ACEs)
- L.A.V.A (Life After Violence & Abuse, 12 week rolling programme)
- Safeguarding Adults from Abuse Certificate (Stockport Council)
- Working with Suicidal Clients
- ZSA Suicide Awareness Training (NHS)
- Preparing to work with Sexual Abuse
- Anger Management Certificate(12 week rolling programme)
- Preparing to Work with Anger
- Living with Anxiety and Depression Certificate (GMW) NHS
- Introduction to Anxiety Disorders
- Introduction to Couples Counselling
- Working at Relational Depth
- Living with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) (GMW) NHS
- NPS ("illegal high's") Drug Awareness Training Certificate of Professional Development (Lifeline) and Delivering Alcohol Workshops
- A Good Nights Sleep Certificate Manchester Mental Health NHS
- First Aid At Work (QCF) QA Level 3
- TMCG First Aid Training(2019) 3yrs Certificated
- Build a Better You: Exercise and Diet for Health and Wellbeing (GMW) NHS
- Data Protection Certificate of Continual Professional Development
- NCST Certificate Brief Advice on Smoking
- NVQ Level 3 in Cervical Cytology (Pathology)
- NVQ Level 3 in Andrology (Infertility)
I am a member of the National Counselling Society / NC S14-01116, National Hypnotherapy Society /HS00T84 and qualified in Indian Head Massage in 2007 at the British School of Yoga.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£30.00 per session
Free initial telephone session
Please note: I can now offer face to face sessions/ telephone and video counselling. The sessions are in line with government Covid guidelines. There is a short initial phone call to establish how I can help you.
Face to Face sessions are charged at £30 for individual Counselling
Couples Counselling - Face to Face sessions are charged at £40
Telephone or Video call sessions are charged at £25 per individual Counselling and £35 for Couple Counselling.
I also offer Hypnotherapy sessions:
Face to Face sessions are charged at £30 and Telephone/Video call £25 per session
Please note all sessions are approximately 50 minutes to an hour long in duration
All payments by Bank Transfer/ Cash or Cheque
Please refer to my website regarding further information and testimonials
I am available to offer sessions between 9am - 8pm week days (weekends by arrangement).
Working with drug and alchohol issues
I have experience in delivering Induction training to staff and volunteers working in the drug and alcohol sector. Training in - Safeguarding, Confidentiality, Boundaries, Equality and Diversity, Drug and Alcohol Awareness. I also have experience working with the youth sector 11-19 yrs as well as working with the over 50's promoting wellbeing to individuals/groups. I also deliver massage therapy to local care homes and day centres, although due to Covid 19 I am unable to offer this service at present.
I have delivered alcohol workshops to staff, volunteers and clients in organisations across the Greater Manchester area. Through this work I have been able to help people through:
- Brief Interventions
- Outreach Community work
I have gained specialist knowledge in the following areas:
- Mental health
- Self harm
- Sexual abuse
- Confidence and self esteem
- LBGTQI Foundation (attending Pride and Sparkle events)
I have previously volunteered for East Northants County Council delivering 'Meals on Wheels' to the elderly.
I have also volunteered in counselling, covering the Greater Manchester area.
I am currently volunteering in the Tameside area.