Helen Burrows Ad Dip PC MNCS Dip Hyp CS MHS
Hi my name is Helen Burrows,
Just a phone call away, based in Carrbrook, Stalybridge, Gt. Manchester. I am a fully insured and accredited professional Counsellor, providing a personal service.
I feel passionately about helping people through difficult times, as well as helping individuals to reach their personal goals in life. I appreciate that sometimes life is a struggle and from time to time it can be difficult to move forward. I offer an approach which is non judgemental and which helps individuals to explore their thoughts and feelings. I will assist you in working through your individual issues, and help you work through these difficult times.
I have experience of Counselling clients with a wide range of issues some of which include: Stress and Anxiety, Depression, Addictions, Bereavement, Relationship and Family Issues , Anger Management and Low Self Esteem. Other issues I deal with are listed further down the page.
I work in a safe and confidential environment, and I am empathetic and approachable. I am DBS (CRB) checked and I have regular clinical supervision. My practice is based locally in the Tameside area, and home visits can be arranged locally.
I have previously worked for 20 years in the National Health Service in Pathology. In addition, I work in the voluntary sector at the Women's Centre in Ashton, and most recently was employed by a local organisation offering support to individuals and families suffering from drug, alcohol abuse and mental health issues. I am also qualified in:
* Indian Head Massage,
* Arm, Hand, Leg and Foot massage,
I am currently studying Reflexology
I am a member of the National Counselling Society / NC S14-01116, National Hypnotherapy Society /HS00T84 and qualified in Indian Head Massage in 2007 at the British School of Yoga.
Training, qualifications & experience
- AIM Awards level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling Ad Dip PC
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills
- BSY Diploma Indian Head Massage (ABC Level 3)
- Practitioners Diploma in Hand, Arm, Leg and Foot Massage
- First Aid At Work (QCF) QA Level 3
- Living with Anxiety and Depression Certificate (GMW) NHS
- Build a Better You: Exercise and Diet for Health and Wellbeing (GMW) NHS
- Living with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) (GMW) NHS
- Data Protection Certificate of Continual Professional Development
- NPS ("illegal high's") Drug Awareness Training Certificate of Professional Development
- Safeguarding Adults from Abuse Certificate (Stockport Council)
- A Good Nights Sleep Certificate Manchester Mental Health NHS
- NCST Certificate Brief Advice on Smoking
- Anger Management Certificate
- NVQ Level 3 in Cervical Cytology (Pathology)
- NVQ Level 3 in Andrology (Infertility, Pathology)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Individual Counselling lasts approximately 1hour and is charged at £30.00
Couples Counselling initial consultation lasts approximately 1 hour and is is charged at £40.00
Hypnotherapy is free for the initial consultation which is approximately 20 minutes in duration
All Further Sessions 50mins /1 hour
Individual Counselling which is charged at £30.00
Couples Counselling is charged at £40.00
Hypnotherapy sessions are charged at £30.00
All payments by Cheque , Cash or Bank Transfer
Please refer to my website regarding further information and testimonials
I have experience in delivering Induction training to staff and volunteers working in the drug and alcohol sector. Training in - Safeguarding, Confidentiality, Boundaries, Equality and Diversity, Drug and Alcohol Awareness. I also have experience working with the youth sector 11-19 yrs as well as working with the over 50's promoting wellbeing to individuals/groups. I am currently delivering massage therapy to local care homes and day centres.
I have delivered alcohol workshops to staff, volunteers and clients in organisations across the Greater Manchester area. Through this work I have been able to help people through:
- Brief Interventions
- Outreach Community work
I have gained specialised knowledge in the following areas:
- Mental health
- Self harm
- Sexual abuse
- LBGTQI Foundation
I have previously volunteered for East Northants County Council delivering 'Meals on Wheels' to the elderly.
I have also volunteered in counselling, covering the Greater Manchester area.
I am currently volunteering in the Tameside area.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available to offer sessions between 9am - 8pm week days Weekends by arrangement.
Types of client