Helen Bennett - Menopause and Fertility Counsellor (MBACP, IMPART)
Hello, I'm Helen. I'm a Counsellor specialising in the menopause transition, infertility, miscarriage and related issues.
You might have found me because you are struggling to accept or cope with what is happening to you. You may be experiencing anxiety, feelings of despair, fear, depression, loss or anger, or maybe hormonal changes are causing problematic symptoms for you.
Perhaps you have difficult decisions to make about your body or your future, or you are feeling sad or isolated and need to talk to someone who understands.
What to expect
In our online video sessions I provide a confidential, safe, relaxed environment in which you can talk through the issues causing you difficulties or concern and their impact on your mental health, relationships, sense of self, life plans, career and more.
I will help you to make sense of your thoughts and feelings, make decisions or changes in your life that are right for you, and come to terms with things that can’t be changed.
As a specialist Counsellor I am passionate about supporting people going through the challenges of fertility issues, miscarriage and the menopause transition, at any stage. My focus is:
- Peri-menopause and post-menopause symptoms and issues
- Premature Ovarian Insufficiency (POI) and Early Menopause
- Fertility problems / infertility
- Fertility treatments including IUI, IVF, Donor Conception and Surrogacy
- Implications counselling for fertility treatments
- Pregnancy anxiety, fears or complications
- Miscarriage, stillbirth and baby loss
- Trying again after loss
- Women's health issues
I also support people experiencing:
- Change, loss and life transitions
- Pre-natal and post-natal depression and anxiety (maternal and paternal)
- Birth Trauma
- Relationship difficulties
- Low self-esteem
- Depression and anxiety
- Chronic health conditions (e.g. chronic fatigue/ME, fibromyalgia, auto-immune conditions)
Alongside my private practice I work with a Therapy Agency supporting clients with a range of presentations.
My approach is practical, honest and friendly. I will not judge you but I will accept and respect you. I believe all my clients have the ability to heal and grow, and counselling will support you to have the self-awareness, self-compassion, strength and focus to do this, when you feel ready.
You can find out more about me on my website www.themenopausetherapist.com, on FaceBook @menopausetherapy and on Instagram @themenopausetherapist.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Specialist Fertility Counselling Diploma (National Fertility Society)
- IMPART Menopause Training (International Menopause Society)
- Pregnancy and Infant Loss Accredited Practitioner (Foundation for Infant Loss)
- Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling (Counsellor CPD)
- The Couples Counselling Toolkit (The Counselling Training Academy)
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (WKC)
- BACP Recommended Competencies Training for Counselling 11-18 year olds (HC)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (WKC)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Menopause, early menopause and Premature Ovarian Insufficiency (POI).
Fertility treatments including IVF, IUI, donor egg cycles, surrogacy, including implications counselling.
Women's health issues.
Chronic health conditions.
Change, loss and life transitions.
From £60.00 to £100.00
Concessions offered for
My fee is £60 per session for individuals and £70 per session for couples (50 minutes).
I offer a few evening sessions (6pm-9pm) at £70 per session (individuals) and £80 per session (couples).
I also offer one-off 90-minute individual sessions at £90 per session, or £100 if an evening session (6pm-9pm) for anyone wishing to talk through a particular issue or diagnosis.
I reserve a few daytime sessions per week for clients in need of concessions (low-income, student etc.) - currently these sessions are full.
Payment is via BACS in advance of your session.
I see clients Tuesday - Thursday and aim to work flexibly around my clients' needs. Please contact me to enquire about which session times are currently available.
- BACP Registered Member
- Member of the British Menopause Society
- Member of the International Menopause Society
- Member of the National Fertility Society