Heather Shipley, CBT & Emotional Therapeutic Counsellor Dip FETC MFETC MNCS
Lifeways Therapy Centre
Stratford Upon Avon
The Cloisters Physiotherapy
Lower Leam Street
Friendly, emphatic, calm and supportive. I truly believe that talking and holistic therapies will help you experience a more positive outlook on life.
Hello and welcome. I am a therapist who is experienced, accredited, registered, insured and supervised. I love being able to help my clients understand why they are feeling like they do and working together to make improvements in their overall wellbeing. I work with clients experiencing a range of issues including: anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, bereavement, low self-confidence, child-related issues and relationship difficulties.
My practice is totally focussed on meeting your goals. I work with tools from both Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Emotional Therapeutic Counselling to be able to help you with short and long-term concerns. Sometimes when we are experiencing strong emotions or negative thought processes, talking to an experienced therapist can help make sense of why you may be feeling that way.
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
CBT is a short-term goals focused therapy. By changing our negative thought patterns we can change the way we think and feel.
Emotional Therapeutic Counselling (ETC)
A key aspect of ETC is the range of talking and creative techniques used to assist you to both recognise and release painful feelings, in an appropriate manner.
I am also very pleased to be able to add Holistic Therapies to my counselling practice. I am qualified in both Indian Head Massage and Reflexology. These massage therapies complement counselling techniques to aid relaxation of the body and relief from mental and emotional stress.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Youth Mental Health First Aider (Mental Health England)
- Diploma in Emotional Therapeutic Counselling
- Foundation in Emotional Therapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Diploma in Counselling for Children and Adolescents
- Volunteer Mentor for Lifespace Trust (www.lifespace.org.uk)
- Nurture Group Practitioner - The Theory of Nurture Groups for Nurture Group Network
- 10 years working in a primary school in a pastoral/nurture role
- Member of the Foundation for Emotional Therapeutic Counselling
- Member of the National Counselling Society
- Diploma in Indian Head Massage
- Diploma in Reflexology
- Enhanced DBS checked
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Emotional Therapeutic Therapy
Stratford upon Avon
Indian Head Massage
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Group therapy
Photos & videos
Lifeways - Wednesday all day, Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. A 20 minute consultation will be charged at £10. This £10 will then be deducted from your next session. This will give you the opportunity to learn more about my therapies and how I may be able to help you. Or, a full 50 minute session can be booked straight away charged at £40 (£60 for couples).
The Cloisters - Monday 10 am - 2 pm. A 50 minute appointment is charged at £50 (£70 for couples). Appointments are available on Mondays from 10 am - 2 pm.
Holistic Therapy Charges (not available at The Cloisters)
1st session £40 (1 hour to include medical consultation), further treatments £30 for a 30 minute treatment. 25 minute treatment followed by 25 minute counselling session £40.
If an appointment is cancelled 48 hours in advance, no fee will be charged. If an appointment is cancelled with less than 48 hours notice, a cancellation fee of £20 will be charged.
- Taming feelings of anxiety in the brain (and why we feel them)
- Teenage development and emotional resilience
- What is emotional therapeutic counselling?
June 2017 Article in The Guardian
For survivors and the bereaved, it’s practical support and empathy that are needed now.
The importance of waiting until grief counselling is acceptable to survivors was also underlined by Heather Shipley, a cognitive behavioural therapist and therapeutic counsellor working with grief and loss. “Right now these people just need time,” she said on Saturday. “Counselling can be fantastic. But people need to be in a place where they feel OK about speaking to someone first.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Lifeways - Wednesday all day, Friday afternoon and Saturday morning The Cloisters - Monday 10 am - 2 pm
Types of client