Hayley Parker Experienced Trauma Counsellor / Supervisor
Seeking counselling can be difficult especially if the person feels overwhelmed by what is happening, I can offer you a safe place to be able to be heard and to explore these feelings and experiences that have brought you to counselling whether its for short or long term therapy. I am a Humanistic integrative therapist which means I work with several theories such as Person centred, Gestalt and TA alongside a Trauma Model .
What I enjoy most about being a therapist is the relational building and the growth that happens within that, I believe every individual should have the opportunity to be listened to in a supportive enviroment and work towards some healing.
I have experience working with most experiences or difficulties clients may have such as relationship problems , attachment issues, depression, anxiety, bereavement, childhood difficulties, emotional, physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence and many more.
I also have 8 years experience working extensively with Trauma survivors whether recent or historical abuse, I use the 3 stage trauma model to work on symptons that resonate see below.:
- Attachment disorders
- Mental Health Issues
- Self harm
- Dissociative disorder/episodes of this
- Dissociative identity disorder.
- Emotional unstable personality disorder.
- Emotional impact on the brain/individual
- Physical symptoms.
I am a registered member of the BACP (MBACP) and adhere to their ethical framework to ensure I work safely with clients.
If you decide this is the counselling for you we can:
- Arrange an initial session/telephone call where we can discuss your counselling needs and goals.
- We can then meet on a weekly basis, either face to face, online/telephone.
Please get in touch if you feel i can support you further.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 6 Certificate in Clinical Supervision
- Level 5 CBT Diploma (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- PTTLS Certificate in Training the trainer
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Theory
- Level 2 Counselling skills certificate.
- Trauma and the body Somatisation and Dissociation [ March 2018]
- Dissociative identitiy disorder [March 2018]
- Life coaching skills for therapists (June 2017)
- Solution focused Brief therapy approaches (June 2017)
- Working with dissociation (August 2016)
- Working with survivors of Childhood trauma (June 2016)
- Working in and supporting people who have experienced Trauma (2016)
- Safe guarding Adults and children (2015)
- Working in Group therapy (2014)
- Working with male survivors of Child hood Sexual abuse (2012).
As well as attending CPD training I have been involved in facilitating and co-facilitating trauma training for volunteers working with clients who have experienced sexual trauma since 2012.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Face to face
Counselling for individuals - £30 per hour concessions available for trainee counsellors.
£30 per hour.concessions available for trainee counsellors
Face to face - £35 per hour, £40 per hour and half
Concessions available for trainee counsellors - please ask on enquiry.
Telephone clinical supervision
£30 per hour (concessions available to trainee counsellors.
£40 per hour and half.
Thursdays all day up till 5pm . Friday from pm till early evening please ask on request. Some saturdays could also be available.
As well as offering counselling, I am also a clinical supervisor and am available to work with any level of counsellor whether trainee or qualified. As a supervisor I can also offer guidance on pre-trial therapy, such as managing the sessions and note-taking.
I can offer 1-1 or telephone supervision.