Hayley Parker Dip.Couns MBACP[ REG] Experienced Counsellor and Supervisor
Seeking counselling can be difficult especially if the person feels overwhelmed by what is happening, I can offer you a safe place to be able to be heard and to explore these feelings and experiences that have brought you to counselling whether its for short or long term therapy. I am a Humanistic integrative therapist which means i work with several theories such as Person centred, Gestalt and TA and work with each client to establish which ones would be beneficial to them.
What I enjoy most about being a therapist is the relational building and the growth that happens within that, I believe every individual should have the opportunity to be listened to in a supportive enviroment and work towards some healing.
I have experience working with most experiences or difficulties clients may have such as relationship problems , attachment issues, depression, anxiety, bereavement, childhood difficulties, emotional, physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence and many more.
I also have 8 years experience working extensively with Trauma survivors whether recent or historical abuse, I use the 3 stage trauma model to work on symptons that resonate see below.:
- Attachment disorders
- Mental Health Issues
- Self harm
- Dissociative disorder/episodes of this
- Dissociative identity disorder.
- Emotional unstable personality disorder.
- Emotional impact on the brain/individual
- Physical symptoms.
I am a registered member of the BACP (MBACP) and adhere to their ethical framework to ensure I work safely with clients.
If you decide this is the counselling for you we can:
- Arrange an initial session/telephone call where we can discuss your counselling needs and goals.
- We can then meet on a weekly basis, either face to face, online/telephone.
Please get in touch if you feel i can support you further.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 6 Certificate in Clinical Supervision
- Level 5 CBT Diploma (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- PTTLS Certificate in Training the trainer
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Theory
- Level 2 Counselling skills certificate.
- Trauma and the body Somatisation and Dissociation [ March 2018]
- Dissociative identitiy disorder [March 2018]
- Life coaching skills for therapists (June 2017)
- Solution focused Brief therapy approaches (June 2017)
- Working with dissociation (August 2016)
- Working with survivors of Childhood trauma (June 2016)
- Working in and supporting people who have experienced Trauma (2016)
- Safe guarding Adults and children (2015)
- Working in Group therapy (2014)
- Working with male survivors of Child hood Sexual abuse (2012).
As well as attending CPD training I have been involved in facilitating and co-facilitating trauma training for volunteers working with clients who have experienced sexual trauma since 2012.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Face to face
Counselling for individuals - £30 per hour concessions available for trainee counsellors.
£30 per hour.concessions available for trainee counsellors
Face to face - £35 per hour, £40 per hour and half
Concessions available for trainee counsellors - please ask on enquiry.
Telephone clinical supervision
£30 per hour (concessions available to trainee counsellors.
£40 per hour and half.
As well as offering counselling, I am also a clinical supervisor and am available to work with any level of counsellor whether trainee or qualified. As a supervisor I can also offer guidance on pre-trial therapy, such as managing the sessions and note-taking.
I can offer 1-1 or telephone supervision.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Thursdays all day up till 5pm . Friday from pm till early evening please ask on request. Some saturdays could also be available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Hello my name is Hayley I have been a qualifed therapist since 2014, and Supervisor since 2016, I work in an Humanistic integrative approach as well as CBT.