Hayley Aldridge (MBACP)
I am a Relate Qualified counsellor working with couples and individuals. I work as a Person-Centred counsellor, but use elements from several counselling approaches to work in an integrative way.
I aim to provide a supportive, non-judgemental, confidential and safe environment for counselling.
I am a professional and fully qualified counsellor working in Launceston and the surrounding areas.
I am a Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and work within their Ethical Guidelines for Good Practice in Counselling. I am fully insured and have an up to date enhanced DBS check.
My work is based on the belief that people have the ability to change and that each person has the potential for growth within himself or herself. I believe that the relationship between counsellor and client is central to the work.
Counselling is not about giving advice, but together exploring ways of finding your own answers, making the right choices for yourself.
I have experienced counselling for myself, I know the value of being listened to and being able to share my difficulties with someone who cares, outside of my family and friends.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling Level 4 (CPCAB)
Certificate in Counselling Theory Level 3 (CPCAB)
Certificate in Counselling Skills Level 2 (CPCAB)
Relate Institute Qualified Couples Counsellor
- DASH (Domestic Abuse, Stalking and Harassment)
- Suicide Prevention
- Domestic Abuse
- Young People Substance Awareness
- Transactional Analysis
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- Mental Health
- Suicidal Risk
- Child Protection
- Relate Counsellor working with Couples, Individual Adults, Children and Young People (from 5 - 18 years of age) short and long term work.
- Counsellor at a Plymouth Primary school working with children from 5 to 11 years of age.
- Counsellor in Secondary Schools in Plymouth
- Adult Psycho-education Therapist
- I have my own private practice and I work for an Occupational Health Organisation.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Family/systemic therapy
I am a registered member of the BACP - British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy - I adhere to their Ethical Framework for Good Practice, this includes a Professional Conduct Procedure. This means that I ensure that I work safely and ethically within my counselling practice. www.bacp.co.uk
As part of this good practice I attend regular supervision. I also attend regular training courses for continual professional development.
If I am unavailable when you call, please leave a message with your contact details and I will aim to get back to you as promptly as possible.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and Evening Appointments
Types of client