Harry Houghton MBACP PGDip Integrative Counsellor/Psychotherapist
Get The Help You're Looking For: Deciding upon a counsellor or psychotherapist is no easy task. Leading Edge Talk Therapy was founded by me, Harry Houghton, to provide high quality talk therapy tailored to the specific needs of individual clients.
The evidence clearly shows that therapy is most effective when we combine what works in general with what works specifically for you. As an Integrative Counsellor/Psychotherapist I am able to draw on a variety of approaches to ensure that your requirements are met. Whether you have a specific issue you would like to discuss, or are unsure where to begin, you are welcome as you are with whatever you have to bring to therapy.
What You Can Expect From Your First Session: A warm welcome and a space of comfort, safety and security in which you are respected, heard and understood. A clearer understanding of where you are, where you would like to be and how you will get there. A collaborative agreement on how we will move forward together.
How To Begin: Registered members of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy have a responsibility to assist you in making secure, confident decisions about your therapy. My website provides lots of helpful info and FAQs along with online booking.
I offer a 20 minute consultation over the phone, with no obligation or expectation, completely free of charge. Contact me by phone or email for further information or an informal chat. I'd be delighted to hear from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I completed my training in Integrative Psychotherapy following four years of postgraduate level study and over one hundred hours of supervised practice hours with NHS referral clients.
Membership of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy requires training to Level 4 in one form of talk therapy only. My Level 7 training in Integrative Psychotherapy equips me to draw on various approaches. This ensures that we are able to work together in the manner most suited to your requirements.
Previous to this I had a twelve year career in senior management culminating in countrywide responsibility for multi-national organisations. I am able, therefore, not only to carry forward the expertise, ethics and approaches of traditional counselling and psychotherapy, but am also uniquely placed to transfer the highest of professional standards from previous roles.
I now combine NHS referral and probono work for a leading charitable North West counselling service provider with private practice.
Professional Membership & Qualifications:
- Registered Membership of The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Integrative Psychotherapy, Postgraduate Diploma, The University of Central Lancashire, 2016-18
- Advanced Counselling Skills, Postgraduate Certificate, The University of Central Lancashire, 2015-16
- Counselling Skills, Certificate, The University of Central Lancashire, 2015
- Philosophical Studies: Knowledge and Human Interest, BA (Hons),The University of Newcastle Upon Tyne, 2001-04
Additional Professional Development:
- Safeguarding in Action, 2018
- STORM Suicide Prevention Training, 2017
- Motivational Interviewing for Anxiety and Depression, 2016
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
£60 per 1hr session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||French, Spanish|
Monday - Midday to 8.30 pm Tuesday - Closed to Closed Wednesday - Midday to 8.30 pm Thursday - 7.30 am to 5.30 pm Friday - 7.30 am to 5.30 pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|