I'm an experienced counsellor specialising in eating disorders and body image. I have worked in an NHS Adult Eating Disorder Service and private practice since 2003. I have personal experience of bulimia nervosa and have been fully recovered for many years. I'm passionate about eating disorders and enjoy writing, filming and creating information through my podcast and social media, to help and support others.
How can I support you?
- Follow me on Instagram: @the_eating_disorder_therapist for information and tips all about eating disorders.
- Listen to my podcast - The Eating Disorder Therapist, which is available on all major platforms.
- Read my blog posts providing information to support eating disorder recovery at: - Welldoing.org and Selfish Mother.
- Join my 10 week online therapy course - FIND YOUR FOOD FREEDOM - Steps Towards Intuitive Eating - £147.60. 25% off this price with code: I-LOVE-FOOD-FREEDOM. This is specifically designed to support people who are keen to embrace Intuitive Eating Principles but have a history of disordered eating and chronic dieting.
- FREE taster online course of FIND YOUR FOOD FREEDOM - Steps Towards Intuitive Eating also available.
- Online course: How to Stop Binge Eating in the Pandemic (£34.80)
- Breakthrough Days - intensive 1-1 support.
- Training courses in eating disorders and body image.
- I am currently not taking individual clients on for ongoing therapy.
I am passionate about helping people recover from eating problems and improving in their confidence and self-esteem. I am supportive of an anti-diet approach and Intuitive Eating Principles.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a qualified Counsellor (Dip. Counselling) and an accredited, registered member of BACP (MBACP (Accred). I also have specialist qualifications in eating disorders (Dip. Eating Disorders; Enhanced CBT E. Disorders; Masters Nutrition).
I have worked in an NHS Eating Disorder Service (inpatient and outpatient) and also in private practice.
I have experience of working with people with Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder and OSFED (Other Specified Feeding and Eating Disorder). I also work with people who have a disordered relationship with food who might not meet a clinical diagnosis of an eating disorder.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Steps to Intuitive Eating Online Course - FREE
10 Steps to Intuitive Eating Online Course (10 modules with lecture and video content) - £147.60 (25% off with code INTUITIVE-EATER)
How to Stop Binge Eating in the Pandemic Online Course - £34.80
Breakthrough Days - £249
Eating Disorders and Body Image Training - £70 per day
Please visit my website for further information www.theeatingdisordertherapist.co.uk
Podcast - The Eating Disorder Therapist
Instagram - @the_eating_disorder_therapist