Hanneke Kosterink MSc MBACP Senior Accredited
A senior accredited counsellor, supervisor and trainer with 3 decades of professional experience in the NHS, university counselling and private practice.
Newly established practice in central Sydenham.
I bring to my practice an in-depth professional knowledge and experience gained during my career in the NHS, university counselling and in private practice. A resourceful and pragmatic practitioner who over the years has developed an effective integrative approach:
My time in counselling has taught me that no two people are the same. The counselling process is very similar, as there are many different styles of therapy that can be applied. It is my ability to focus on each individual or couple, using a fusion of psychodynamic, systemic and cognitive behavioural therapies that helps my clients to understand the difficulties they face. Most people find that once they have developed a clearer insight they feel able to make positive changes in their life.
I work in ways that respect the individuality of the client, regardless of gender, race, religion, age, culture, education and sexuality. Client feedback confirms that I am able to create a safe and warm environment where people feel welcome, heard and accepted.
How to book a counselling session:
* free telephone consultation available
* book an initial assessment session via email/phone
* decide after the initial assessment whether you would like to continue working with me in further sessions.
Training, qualifications & experience
- PG Certificate in Clinical Supervision, British Psychotherapy Foundation
- Certificate in Supervision Skills, Metanoia Institute
- Certificate CBT Techniques, Canterbury Christ Church University
- MSc Psychotherapy Studies, UKC
- 730 Certificate in Education, Canterbury Christ Church University
- Diploma in Counselling, Gloucestershire Counselling Service
- RMN, Royal Gloucester Hospital
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Gender dysphoria
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
£60 per 50 minute session.
The initial assessment session which is an opportunity for each of us to explore how we may work together may take 75 minutes. Fee £60
Some concessionary fees available - please contact me to discuss.
Your initial consultation session will take place in a comfortable and confidential setting. I am a member of the South London Therapy Group which is a consortium of therapists and counsellors working from a custom designed therapy space in central Sydenham. The counselling room is easily accessible by bus from Crystal Palace, Penge and Forest Hill. Sydenham station is only a 5 minute walk for the London Overground.
Please click on the link below to find out more about the location and the South London Therapy Group:
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Currently Mondays only. Appointments available daytime and evenings.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|